• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• move on to the next step
  • To:All
  • 12/10/12
  • skorpio520
face it,we might end up going into 2013 with dickey,without an extension.fine.stupid,but ok.we still got holes to fill.theres players available that would help.move on before they are all gone.or wright deffering money,and cutting bay and deffering his money just did nothing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • kinerskrnr
I'm guessing Alderson isn't just sitting around doing nothing and only focusing on one thing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • skorpio520
weve been linked to NOONE dude.a little on olivo,but thats it. whats he doing?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • nvmets10
Well if that's the case, he's doing a truly remarkable job of letting absolutely no one know. Hopefully that actually yields results at some point.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • spydermet

"weve been linked to NOONE dude"

Do you always judge by rumors and think the media is always right in their speculations?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • nvmets10
What I'd say is - I think it's pretty rare for something to happen completely out of the blue. We've been mentioned so little that virtually anything outside of a Dickey trade or perhaps Cody Ross/Miguel Olivo signing would indeed be completely out of the blue.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • skorpio520
well if we are talking to people worth talking too then sandys a master at hiding.usually theres something. not always,true,but alot of the times.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • spydermet
I think we all think that the Royals should have made that trade with us. Their GM kept saying that he wasn't available. I'd rather hear nothing until a deal is done than see Alderson lie to the fans. We may still resign Hairston and hopefully he is working on getting us another needed piece, either an outfielder, catcher or reliever. I would also love to hear some news, but I won't read into a lack of rumors.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • wrghtknght
Not as rare as you might think. I remember one such example of something happening with no warning on my birthday a few years ago. It was Cliff Lee re-signing with the Phillies.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • wrghtknght
Odds are he was just saying that to keep the Mets away. These GMs probably still think they can swindle the Mets, not realizing that they don't really need to go to that much effort, not when the WIlpons really don't want to make the moves to improve the team anyway; they have no ability to finance a competent team, so they penny-pinch everywhere, trying to recoup what they lost. And THAT naturally results in what we see on the field. And I'm convinced that the Wilpons will do whatever it takes to keep the Mets in stagnancy, at least until they're back at the financial level they feel is right. And then all bets are off.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • edmet
an extra $25m from national tv next yr, plus santana $25m off the books. with bay.wright deferred money this yr, plus pelfrey torres hairston c.young r.ramirez and rauch $ off books this yr, why cant we make runs at cody ross and m.bourne? they fill clear needs and give us time to develop nimmo and others in farm while being competitive. try bourn 4yrs x $13m which is in line with pagan/victorino cf market, and ross $8m x2 yrs which is reasonable and somewhat in line with what ludwick got. ludwick did get 3 yrs..
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
It's still early
Latest by ewok54 - 3:30 PM
Cubs
Latest by METMAINEAC - 3:29 PM
You are what your record is
Latest by AdrianMonk - 3:27 PM
Secret Service Threatened Mr. Met's Life
Latest by elguapo111 - 3:25 PM
Baseball Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 3:11 PM
Congratuations to the Mets
Latest by abbymart - 3:06 PM
Remember when we were 0-3 and everybody overreacted?
Latest by flushing21 - 3:04 PM
Home Field Disadvantage
Latest by AdrianMonk - 3:02 PM
Crediting EY Jr.
Latest by giantsmets - 2:54 PM
This just keeps getting better. lol
Latest by major40 - 2:53 PM