• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I like the Redsox as trading partners
  • To:All
  • 12/10/12
  • dejavu1
Dickey + for Barnes, Bradley JR, and Salty.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546132.2 was deleted
  • 12/10/12
  • 4545_ajd
Well I wouldn't be surprised to see Thole go along with Dickey, I realize that is not much of an addition but it is something.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • TheChosen1
I'd want Brentz or Lavarnway over Salty, but overall it sounds good to me.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • dejavu1
by + I mean maybe a B-level prospect or Thole.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • dejavu1

Lot of people love Brentz and Lavarnaway but personally I'd much rather Salty.

He's most likely not going to live up to the hype he had coming out as a prospect, but he's gritty and a a great team presence. Has power, wouldn't mind him as #7 or #8 in lineup.

But main parts are Bradley JR and Barnes really. Barnes has potential to make this rotation absolutely scary, with Wheeler, Harvey, Niese and him it will be a force to reckon with.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • DFAB
Dickey+Flores+Thole for Barnes+Bradley+Salty
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • dejavu1

I don't think Flores should be included. They get to keep Boegarts, their #1.

Compared to the packages we're asking other teams, all Red Sox prospects see to be ranked in the 30's for best prospects. We've asked for top 5 and top 15. Dickey for 2 mid-late 30 prospects plus a beleaguered catcher seems doable.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • melloca
I had wished that the Mets had drafted Barnes but he was passed up for Brandon Nimmo and I haven't heard what he is doing or where he will start next season. As far as this trade talk SA will not make any moves. All he is doing is more smoke and mirrors.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • dejavu1

Barnes would be a great #4 starter, after Harvey, Wheeler, and Niese. That makes our rotation ridiculously scary. Bradley JR if he develops will give us 2/3 of a great outfield (if Nimmo develops too).

A lot of negativity regarding Nimmo but we all knew he was going to take longer than a normal prospect. He as exceptionally raw, had he grown up in a different state with organized baseball there is no doubt in my mind he probably would have been a top 5 pick.

Hoping we make this Red Sox trade, then draft a safer OF prospect than for example Nimmo in this year's draft.

We'd be ready to compete in 2014-2015 at the latest.

• Reply to this Message