• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• We all know R.A. will land in Texas if he is traded...
  • To:All
  • 12/10/12
  • sheadro
So why waste our time discussing all these other scenarios? The writing has been on the wall since Greinke signed in LA., and the Olt talk seems to have legs. Maybe we keep Dickey but if we don't does anyone think he is going anywhere else? I think it's what both the Mets and Dickey want

Edited 12/10/12   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
I think the mets are waiting/hoping for a better deal to come along. Olt is a good prospect but he is a 3b/1b and no one really knows how well he would do in the OF (which has burned the mets in the past. I would rather they get a quality defensive out field prospect rather than take a chance on playing Olt out there. I'm sure like always there are other teams lurking etc.... if the mets wanted to trade him to texas for Olt I think it would have been done already. I say keep Dickey (resign him if they can agree) and look at trading him at the all star break (hopefully he is still pitching well which is obviously the down side to waiting). Guess we will see.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 86kid
Well, during the Winter meetings their were reportedly atleast 7-8 teams talking to Sandy about Dickey. While I'd say that Texas seems like a pretty good bet at this point, I would not rule out another team. Blue Jays, or one or two other teams who might still swoop in with a good offer.
Either way, right now the Mets sit in a very good postion with this.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
the tigers might be the sleeper team, nick castellanos, a 3b who has been moved to rf would be the main bait. tigers owner wants to win badly, is in his 80's. dickey in between verlander and scherzer would be awesome. i do think texas is most logical destination for R.A.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 86kid
true
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • viper99

I just like to know what would be wrong with this scenario.

Mets extend Dickey by 2 years and 24M. Dickey picks up where he left off and pitches great up to the all star. Now, at that point, having proven himself again and having 2.5 years left on his contract, what is he worth at that point?

Just because the Mets could not get what they wanted now doesn't mean they can't trade him later when he will still be a bargain at 5M for 2013 plus another 2 years at 12M per.

That time also coincides with Wheeler being ready for the ML. So trading Dickey at this point would be good for the Mets in terms of prospects coming back plus opening a spot for Wheeler.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
JSAngel: Trout a Fraud
Latest by comeagain - 5:15 PM
Secret Service Threatened Mr. Met's Life
Latest by MetObserver - 5:14 PM
Factoids Redux
Latest by thagreat1 - 5:12 PM
Secret Service threatened to shoot Mr. Met
Latest by dumpsandy - 5:07 PM
Dickey went limp
Latest by govmule72 - 5:03 PM
Cubs
Latest by metsheart - 5:02 PM
Home Field Disadvantage
Latest by elguapo111 - 4:47 PM
Favorite Easter Basket Candy
Latest by jereviens - 4:34 PM
Remember when we were 0-3 and everybody overreacted?
Latest by roywriter - 4:24 PM
It's still early
Latest by sheadro - 3:59 PM