11th?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • Oldfan
yes
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • gomets66
early talk is strong for pitchers, weak, again, for position players.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • sheadro
I can hear the fans crying already because the guy they've never seen play that we draft isn't as good as the other guy we didn't draft that they've also never seen play but someone not employed by an MLB team told them was better on a blog or two.

Edited 12/10/12   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546124.5 was deleted
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
wherever they can pick another high school ss.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • 86mex17
theres a catcher reese mcguire , young but maybe we should take catchers and cf's in this draft? I mean guys that can be here in 3 years. Btw as far as paying over slot its about time thet have no problem throwing millions at teenagers in the d.r. etc why not pay a college kid more money who more M.L. ready?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • MetObserver
I don't think the organization should draft for positions since it would take 3-4 years for the player to make the Majors and things are always changing. If the pitchers are the best players when we draft then we should pick them. If they are good and when ready we need a catcher or CF then we can always trade for them because every team is always looking for good pitching.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • thebobymon
Rumor has it the Mets have opened up an E-Bay account and are selling their draft position for cash considerations.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • Gepett0

teams are always willing to trade corner of's, 2nd baseman (and ss w/ questions of range), and corner infielders for pitching

however, when a team has a dominant catching, CF, or legit SS prospect that can stay at those positions, they do not part for them for pitching...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • forceout6
Wow, you win.
  • Reply to this Message