d arnaud, syndergaad and/or gose for dickey and?--------
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • kinerskrnr
I'm pretty much tired of the Blue Jays.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 86mex17
well if the want to compete in that div. dickey is a great help to thier improved team, IMO
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • leaffie

You are right, they would be a great help to the Jays. But the Jays will never trade you those guys.

You might get Gose, but I will be positively shocked if they trade any of their prospects. I know most Met fans don't want JPA, and that is fine. But Synergaard is one of two top pitching prospects in the system. The mets won't get him for a 38 year old pitcher, who is under control for one year, CY or not.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 86mex17
well you got the no jp right, I hear ya it just seems that the jays are being aggressive and getting the reaining nl cy young just might put them in the post season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • sheadro
Well I think that Dickey is eager to extended his contract, so a deal probably gets done within a window for the next 3 years not 1. I understand the fans perspective of not wanting to give up certain prospects, but that will be the cost to make it happen. The Mets don't have to trade Dickey and the don't necessarily even want to, they just view him as an opportunity to fill other needs long term with impact players. If the Blue Jays are unwilling to part with that, that's understandable but they aren't getting R.A. then.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • leaffie

Seems to be that what Dickey is asking for is reasonable, compared to what the market is like this year. Why haven't the Mets extended him?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • manor182
Dickey's price is reasonable. The Mets won't extend him just yet because they want to trade him to fill in other needs. OF and C chief among them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • TheFriNgE

I think it's more about the money, sadly. The owners must get creative and find a way. It makes no sense to trade away an ace for prospects, flat out. That's usually for unloading a large contract, sometimes mid season to obtain something rather than allow your pitcher to walk as a FA.

Anyway, it's unthinkable that the Mets would consider trading Dickey, as we can extend his contract under very reasonable terms.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • sheadro
To me it is evidence that the Mets ideally want to go the trade route, and with R.A. Under contract already they can at least control the urgency and timing. His demands are very resonable and the gap should be able to be closed with a phone call or home visit, but why do that before the market favored us? My belief is that at the winter meetings they learned 2 things, they were competing with the market for Grienke and Shields, and that they had a good shot of getting the type of deal they want if the dominos fell the right way on the former (which I believe they have). Should be interesting to see what happens. I say 55% he is traded, 40% he signs an extension, 5% the situation remains as it is heading into the season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • TheFriNgE
That's a reasonable assessment. Please see 45's thread "Dickey's changeup"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
how bout niese and mejjia for darnaud gose and syndegard, sign john lannan for 2 yrs @ $4m per to replace niese keeping in mind wheeler is coming but johan is leaving. i like niese but this seems equitable imo. then give dickey a 2yr $25m ext, remember niese's 5yr 25m will be off books, and santana $25m off books for 2013. give gose a shot at cf and leadoff. noah syndegard may be the hidden gem here.

Edited 12/10/12   by  edmet
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
how bout niese and mejjia for darnaud,syndegard and gose?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • PrayedforBay
Because they are seeing if a team like the Jays will trade for him first, obviously he would sign with a new team. He wants to extend his contract now. Team control is not an issue.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
cause mets are cheap. they want young inexpensive players. they have a big stadium debt and have been losing money on mets, tho sny tv station (a separate biz) rakes it in. they should be ok by next yr with the new $25m in nat tv. they also have $20m stadium naming rights bill. you would think a NL team in NY would rake it in, but poor ownership has hurt this franchise. to be fair, they spent (misspent) a lot in the past.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • leaffie

I would have to say Synergaard especially is untouchable, and D'Arnaud, pretty close.

The Jays have already taken a hit on their farm with their trade with the Marlins, and I really doubt they will give up anything other than JPA and maybe Gose. I may be wrong, and I am not saying it is a fair trade for Dickey. Just that if the Jays were willing to give up D'Arnaud I think the deal would already be done.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • leaffie

Well either way, he is signed for next year. If they give him an extension of two years, it seems to me that it is to their advantage. Now they are offering a player that is signed for three years, at a reasonable rate. If they don't want him at the end of next year, they can still trade him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • spydermet

"d arnaud, syndergaad and/or gose for dickey and?--------"

If we have to trade Dickey, How about something along the lines of d arnaud, Bonifacio, Janssens, syndergaad and gose for dickey, Flores, A minor League Outfielder and Danny Muno?

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • spydermet
Based on what the Royals gave up for Shields and Wade, this is comparable starting point for discussions.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • almandareo357
Bring Reyes back.
  • Reply to this Message