• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Would you do Dickey, prospect for Justin Upton?
  • To:All
  • 12/10/12
  • Sipo8878
Dickey to Rangers, Rangers send pieces to Arizona, Mets send a piece or two to both teams and receive Upton. Would you do that if the prospect was Flores?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
yes, but the rangers want upton and mets dont want his contract. mets seem to want young blue chip prospects who will make minimum.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • murphstates
Just trade Dickey for Andrus and Andrus for Upton. But Ed's right, Texas wants Upton themselves.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • PrayedforBay
If the Mets are put off by Uptons contract, then we are pretty much screwed anyway.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • DFAB
I really don't understand why they would be worried about his contract. Didn't they defer a bunch of money this year? Isn't a bunch of money coming off the books next year? Taking on Upton's contract makes all the sense in the world.....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • PrayedforBay

Thats why I made my thread about Upton at the start of the offseason. I'm not sure if I mentioned Chris Young in there too, but that would have been agreeable as well. Of course the A's pounced on that deal.

It's funny because I've admired the way the A's have been going about their business and they went ahead and made a deal similar to the one I wanted the Mets to make. At least I can feel that I'm not crazy.

• Reply to this Message