• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Grienke signed, you think Texas and KC are going into war?
  • To:All
  • 12/9/12
  • JackNicholson

The Grienke domino is about to fall. Bet ya Royals stop sitting around, thinking Mets will give them Dickey for their lesser prospects once they hear that Texas just paid Sandy a phone call.

Going to get interesting the next week or so, but I have to imagine Dickey is gone before Christmas.

Let the bidding war begin!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • PrayedforBay

I don't think it changes the mindset of KC as they never expected to sign Grienke (remember they are the team that traded him away in the first place)

Texas maybe

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/9/12
  • muscle13
Think we can get Mike Olt from the Rangers. He's good. Real good
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • JackNicholson
That's true. What I meant more was that Texas would pay more interest in Dickey. I think KC is just waiting Sandy out, thinking there will be no other suitors.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • PrayedforBay
I think they might have an interest, but it seems like nobody is willing to part with a prospect that is worth our bother.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • edmet
dont forget shields is out there too. i think texas signs hamilton now, and trades us an olt package while kc deals myers for shields. kc is being short sighted, they could easily extend dickey, shields will be a very expensive free agent in 2 yrs if he stays healthy. i would offer dickey and a pitching prospect like gorski for myers and sign lannan.

Edited 12/9/12   by  edmet
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • DFAB
a dempster/sanchez signing will also help a little...if shields got traded to a team named KC or Tex then that would be GREAT. At THAT point, I think there would be a little bit of desperation starting.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • PrayedforBay
or a team not named KC or Tex.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • DFAB
well obviously I forgot the "NOT" lol...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • PrayedforBay

Indeed, the best circumstance we can hope for is to have the "win now" teams be the last ones standing in the marketplace.. Like an avid Black Friday shopper who slept in.

Sure you didn't want to walk into Yankee Candle and had no intention of shopping there in the first place, but thats the only place left that still has their doorbusters in stock.

Edited 12/9/12   by  PrayedforBay
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • DFAB
I still wouldn't go to yankee candle if they were the only ones left with doorbusters....perhaps not the best analogy? Lol...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • PrayedforBay

You got the picture dam you.. lol

edit: neither would I

Edited 12/10/12   by  PrayedforBay
  • Reply to this Message