• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Rangers are in it to win
  • To:All
  • 12/8/12
  • piazza5715
it. They can't go into another season with their rotation like it is. Yu Darvish,Derek Holland,Matt Harrison and Colby Lewis won't get it done. They have a spot open in their rotation and that guy needs to be a #1 or 2 starter. Keep in mind they didn't get it done last season and they've lost Ryan Dempster and Roy Oswalt. They were desperate at the trade deadline last season and went out and traded for Ryan Dempster. If Greinke really is a Dodger a signing of Anibal Sanchez or Kyle Lohse won't get it done. RA Dickey is that guy and he only is going to make 5 million dollars. Sandy holds all the cards and it's time to strike.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • wildwin77
Until they deal Olt+ for big game James Shields...they will most certainly prefer to grab him instead of Dickey. Everyone seems sure Olt could be a Met but I just don't see it, not when the Rangers are looking at Upton and Shields and their main chip is Olt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • piazza5715
I just don't see Shields being traded. He's signed to a reasonable contract and the Rays are a good team. Shields name is always out there but he's never really available. If the Rays won't do Shields for Wil Myers then they aren't doing Shields for Mike Olt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • wildwin77
No way they would move for Olt if they won't do Myers. But then again all the "experts" keep going on how Shields is finally on the block because of how desperate they are for a big bat to plug in..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • jsmet
Why would the Rays trade Shields he is the heart of their pitching rotation
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/9/12
  • JackNicholson
Exactly what I'm thinking.
  • Reply to this Message