• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• What are we expecting for Dickey?
  • To:All
  • 12/8/12
  • wildwin77

I see a lot of discussion regarding what we would get back in a Dickey trade - but with problems. The common opinion seems to be well no one wants Olt. Arencibia isn't that great, and D'arnaud won't be offered. Myers, too, is a just a pipe dream.

So what exactly is anyone expecting to get for Dickey? There isn't much left after that, not much that the Red Sox or Dodgers can offer. It just seems like we either aren't interested in the prospects or the ones we want just aren't being offered.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • bucknerismyhero
I am expecting the Rangers to pony up prospects. Something along the lines of Mike Olt, Martin Perez, and Leonys Martin for Dickey and Flores looks about right.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • DFAB
Basically 1 top top prospect plus another top prospect less regarded. Olt+Cody Buckel is about the value I would expect. Although I would prefer someone else other than Olt due to position complications. Myers would probably have to be straight up if it happened. Although it IS possible depending on how desperate KC gets if Texas is going hard after Dickey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • nextyearm
Also Olt is 24 in AA still.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • captainmet
Rangers just got 2 pitchers from philly for Michael Young, they might not be trading anymore but focus on Hamilton. Profar wont be traded though they are making room for him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • DFAB
I don't really want Olt, just using him as an approximate value to get in return for Dickey
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • bucknerismyhero
The two pitchers that they got from Philly will not help fill the void at the front of their rotation. It may free them up to throw us Martin Perez in a deal though...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • nextyearm
Me either, he does seem to have good pop though which we need. I don't know Texas's farm too well, but we deff need more than just him for me to feel good about it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • nextyearm
Martin Perez is not that good. He is young still but his number in the minors aren't impressive at the same time
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • bucknerismyhero
I believe in his talent. He is young enough to get it together still. A future rotation of Wheeler, Harvey, Niese, Martin, Mejia/Gee/future #5 is a nice thought.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • nextyearm
Deff love the youth.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • metthunder
how about Holland and Olt for Dickey and Duda, Mets are overpaying I know but I would do it. Holland is on the block and I'd like to get rid of Duda who could 1B and DH for TX, and since Holland is LHP maybe Niese could still be trade bait. Just want to do some positive changes. Don't want to be same old Mets anymore. They know how to lose.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • wildwin77
I agree, you can't go out there with the same team and expect different results like a fool. They have to mix the team up a bit, even if it's replacing similar places with other similar ones.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/8/12
  • eastvisitr
An outfielder. A real one. Not an infielder we have to convert. I don't know why we would seek out a player that would have to play out of position. The team is already marginal defensively I want to start improving that. I don't think Olt gets it done either way so I'm not too worried about it.
  • Reply to this Message