• To:All
  • 12/8/12
  • KB24NYM
write it down, take a picture, send it to em...I dont care

Edited 12/8/12   by  KB24NYM
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • alex6633
I agree he probably comes here. But him playing in LF is going to be a problem.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • dejavu1
I would assume that means that Ike is gone more so then him playing in LF, if it were to happen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • eastvisitr
Hopefully if a trade happens we get a guy that you know, actually is an outfielder. Something that makes sense. I don't see the purpose of getting Olt and then trading Davis. Ike is the only player we have here that has proven he cant hit for power against major league pitching. Olt sounds like a higher regarded Duda.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • kinerskrnr
We could use a higher regarded Duda, as long as he played OF.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • nextyearm
I havent looked into Olt too much. Is he someone we should be excited about if we got em?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • eastvisitr
He cant run. Hed be a liability. Get a guy that can play defense. We need speed on this team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • dejavu1

#16 prospect. Has power. Plays 3b, and played a tiny bit at 1b too. No where else. He's 24, which is a huge downside.

Cautious excitement if we got him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • sheadro
Projects as a plus-plus power guy. The potential to bring to our lineup what Bay was supposed to. The industry seems to be very high on the kid and hopefully they are right
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • 86kid

Olt has a legit middle of the order production bat. But I tend to agree with you about the defensive thing. He is supposed to be a good defensive 3rd basemen, but supposedly not bad in the OF either, but I'd rather not get prospects that we are forced to move into another position - especially if it is an outfield position in a place like Citifield.

Although he might have decent skills set in the outfield in terms of catching what is hit in his range, that range may be limited. It is not an idea situation, but I also would not totally reject the notion.

But we do already have one 3rd basemen in Flores who is without a true position right now, so who knows, maybe they expand the deal and package Flores with Dickey, and we get back Profar + Olt in some sort of bigger package trade. ???

• Reply to this Message
Message 546072.11 was deleted
  • 12/8/12
  • archgraham
I would not be thrilled getting a guy without a position who blossomed at AA at 24 for a Cy Young winner under contract for $5MM.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • bucknerismyhero
I think a package of Leonys Martin, Martin Perez, Mike Olt for Dickey and Flores is in play now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • wildwin77
i'll take Olt. Sure he will be playing out of position, but he is a highly regarded prospect...look i'm all for keeping Dickey unless the right deal is made, and Olt has a good enough bat to make it worth it...for instance, moving Dickey for Arencibia would not be worth it to me.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • KLake409
He seems a lot like a RH Duda.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • rangers61134465
Shields to tex would block that
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • ManWithNoName
I don't even think I'd trade Dickey straight up for Olt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • bucknerismyhero
If that were to happen, it may end up freeing up a Niese for Myers type of trade. The Royals would be shut out of a front line pitcher if they fail to get Shields...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • dejavu1

Or free up Dickey?

Niese is far more valuable to this team for the long term future than Dickey. Assume Sandy knows this and is probably very reluctant to give him up. Royals will be forced to take what they can get and a CY Young award pitcher is not a bad consolation price at all.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • wildwin77
the Rangers are going to go HARD to trade for justin upton or james shields so i really would not count on Olt becoming Met; if the rangers move to get either of those two i would assume that Olt is the first one traded. Therefore, do not see Olt a Met anytime soon.
  • Reply to this Message