New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Greinke signs with Dodgers
  • To:All
  • 12/8/12
  • dejavu1

Reportedly 6 years 145 mill.

If this report is true this is the best possible option for the Mets. Keeps Rangers in the bidding, who knows where the Dickey market goes to now, but I certainly know its going to get a lot better than it currently is.

Expect a trade in the next week (my opinion).

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • joemets22
Man, the Dodgers have owners that really want to win and will throw gobs of money out there. Exciting times for those fans.

Edited 12/8/12   by  joemets22
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • dejavu1
That wasnt the case a few years ago. It's my hope to what happens with the Mets if they sold the team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • alex6633
And the Mike Olt era begins.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • joemets22
Yup. We just didn't get lucky enough to have the Wilpons sell.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • DFAB
that's what happens when you aren't friends with selig
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • thebobymon

Cy Young for 5 million.

Back pocket money from no signings and deferred salaries.

Where do you really think this is going?

o_O

See you opening day.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • jsmet
Chances improve now for Myers for Niese trade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • dejavu1

I would sure hope not. The only way I see Olt being involved with the Mets is used as a bargaining chip against other prospective Dickey suitors to drive up their price. Olt is ranked by MLB.com as the #16 prospect coming into this year. That's a good starting point for R.A.

As for him to the Mets, I really hope not. I don't want to see another 3b convert to LF. ESPN did a Mets not top 10 when they did that to Murphy. If we traded for Olt, the only possibility I see is a follow up trade of Ike. Aside from that Olt has little use on this ball club as both of his positions are already filled.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • joemets22
Pretty much. We had Mark Cuban interested too. That could've been incredible.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • dejavu1
I would say chances improve for a Dickey Myers trade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • eastvisitr
I hope it's not Olt. I want to build a good defensive outfield not another plodder converting from the infield.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • dejavu1
I think the reports emphasized his interest more than the actual interest he had. Although Cuban would have been phenomenal. He'd likely bring a whole different atmosphere to this ball club.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • piazza5715
The Dodgers have become the Yankees of the National League. Look at the big money contracts on that roster-Ramirez,Kemp,Either,Gonzalez,Crawford,Beckett and possibly Greinke. I know Kershaw has to be close to getting a big deal from the Dodgers. Greinke simply isn't a 24 million dollar a year pitcher. I think for once the Mets are building it the right way. Spending money does not guarantee anything.

Edited 12/8/12   by  piazza5715
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • sheadro
Where are you reading that he signed with LA? Everything I've read is that is what they are offering and they are in the lead but nothing about a done deal
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • dejavu1
A few non official twitter handles reported that they have an agreement in place. Also Tim Brown and Jon Heyman reporting its gotten "close" to an official agreement. I'm hoping the reports are true, it helps out the Mets this way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • sheadro
Agreed this would best case scenario for the Mets and the recent news bodes well. But I'd just be careful calling something is done before it is because we know how these can change
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • dejavu1
Just posting what i've read. I understand a lot of things are occasionally reported that aren't official, and this clearly has the possibility of being one of those things as well, simply passing the news along.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • 86kid

>>> "I would sure hope not. The only way I see Olt being involved with the Mets is used as a bargaining chip against other prospective Dickey suitors to drive up their price. Olt is ranked by MLB.com as the #16 prospect coming into this year. That's a good starting point for R.A.
As for him to the Mets, I really hope not. I don't want to see another 3b convert to LF. ESPN did a Mets not top 10 when they did that to Murphy. If we traded for Olt, the only possibility I see is a follow up trade of Ike. Aside from that Olt has little use on this ball club as both of his positions are already filled."<<<

Olt has a legit middle of the order production bat. But I tend to agree with you about the defensive thing. He is supposed to be a good defensive 3rd basemen, but supposedly not bad in the OF either, but I'd rather not get prospects that we are forced to move into another position - especially if it is an outfield position in a place like Citifield.

Although he might have decent skills set in the outfield in terms of catching what is hit in his range, that range may be limited. It is not an idea situation, but I also would not totally reject the notion.

But we do already have one 3rd basemen in Flores who is without a true position right now, so who knows, maybe they expand the deal and package Flores with Dickey, and we get back Profar + Olt in some sort of bigger package trade. ???

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • jsmet

I would say chances improve for a Dickey Myers trade

I would take that too

• Reply to this Message