• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• OMG ! MIKE FRANCESSA IS SO ANNOYING !
  • To:All
  • 12/7/12
  • 86kid

I am listening to Mike Francessa interview Kirk Herbstreit, who does the ESPN college football shows, and Mike is driving me crazy.

Mike can be a horrid interviewer sometimes. He spends most of the interview over-talking the person he is interviewing.

It is like Kirk couldn't get a word in edge-wise. Mike spent half the time talking about himself and his career cover football in the past. Then, the other half of the time, when did actually ask Kirk a question, he'd over-talk/interrupt him, and basically answer the questions himself.

Horrible job by Mike today.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • mobeen

lol I heard that for 5 minutes. Who wants to be about his Monday through Sunday routine that included him taking a Jet to the games.

Couldn't even flip stations as Steven A Smith was equally annoying in the interview he was conducting.

Edited 12/7/12   by  mobeen
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • 3bwright

I hate listening to Mike

He talks over callers and guests

He can give info that some many not know and disagree with anyone but let the people talk even if it is stupid like some trades people make up

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • vbch

When I saw the title of this post, I thought the same thing even before I opened it to see what Mike was doing to annoy people. He annoys people all the time anyway. I sometimes will listen on Fridays and Mondays during football season.

I agree that he didn't let Herbstreit get a word in. Maybe that was his way to get back at ESPN by conducting a horrible interview and stroking his own ego at the same time but telling us about his own broadcasting career instead of focusing on College Football. The World Wide Leader doesn't usually allow their employees to appear on WFAN programs. WFAN probably still gets higher ratings in the NYC area than the ESPN NY talk station. So why would ESPN want to allow their personnel to appear on WFAN at the expense of losing in the ratings. After that interview, I wonder if ESPN will allow anymore of their people to go on WFAN. They'd be better served to appear somewhere else.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • almandareo357
I love when he talks over callers because most of the people who call Mike are idiots.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • 86kid

>>> "lol I heard that for 5 minutes. Who wants to be about his Monday through Sunday routine that included him taking a Jet to the games. Couldn't even flip stations as Steven A Smith was equally annoying in the interview he was conducting."<<<

We listen to Mike all the time, and he never seems to get that when he has a guest on, people actually want to hear from that guest, not him. Mike can be so arrogant sometimes too. It is like he had to point out a dozen times that he cover football for the network back in the day...lol

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • 86kid

>>>"I hate listening to Mike He talks over callers and guests He can give info that some many not know and disagree with anyone but let the people talk even if it is stupid like some trades people make up"<<<

Very true. I mean I know he's the host of the show and all that, but he needs to let other people say what they have to say. It is crazy to ask someone a question, and then answer yourself before they can even open their mouth.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • jt28da
I happened to turn Mike on about 20 minutes ago(4:15) and he's talking to football writer Gary Meyers about his book about coaches, and Mike is going crazy because Meyers knows stuff about Parcells that Mike didn't know. He's such a whiner, my lord. He HATES it when someone tells him he doesn't know something... Yesterday I flipped him on, and a caller asks him who he thinks is this years offensive rookie of the year in the nfl. Mike says the RB Martin from TB. The caller says 'over the two qbs?' Mike went on for twenty minutes about how he doesn't think of them as rookies, and how he was thinking about rookies and didn't think of them, for twenty minutes! Over and over... He just couldn't laugh it off or just say oh yeah i forgot about them. He's such an ego maniac...... I check in to see what he's talking about and usually can only take a few minutes of him repeating himself a million times before I have to flip it off............
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • 86kid

>>>"When I saw the title of this post, I thought the same thing even before I opened it to see what Mike was doing to annoy people. He annoys people all the time anyway. I sometimes will listen on Fridays and Mondays during football season. I agree that he didn't let Herbstreit get a word in. Maybe that was his way to get back at ESPN by conducting a horrible interview and stroking his own ego at the same time but telling us about his own broadcasting career instead of focusing on College Football. "<<<

Mike was bit more tolerable when he had MadDog there to balance it out more, but I think now that he sends so much time talking himself the entire show, he does know how to shut up when he has a guest on. lol

>>>"The World Wide Leader doesn't usually allow their employees to appear on WFAN programs. WFAN probably still gets higher ratings in the NYC area than the ESPN NY talk station. So why would ESPN want to allow their personnel to appear on WFAN at the expense of losing in the ratings. After that interview, I wonder if ESPN will allow anymore of their people to go on WFAN. They'd be better served to appear somewhere else."<<<

I was thinking a similar thought. After that horrid interview, ESPN might forbid their employees from going on Mike's show. LOL I mean, what the point anyway, it is not like they will get a chance to speak with Mike running his mouth.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • 86kid

>>>"He's such an ego maniac...... I check in to see what he's talking about and usually can only take a few minutes of him repeating himself a million times before I have to flip it off............ "<<<

LOL... Exactly. That is another thing I was going to mention. Sometime he'll repeat a thought over and again within like a 5 min period. It is like his mind goes blank, and he has nothing else to add, so he'll just repeat the same sentence over again and again... lol

I have been listening to Mike almost from the start of the show. The only reason I continue to listen to him is because it is the mid-day show and I love sports, so I listen on my headphone at work. Sometimes I listen to ESPN Radio too.

But WFAN has been the flagship of the Mets, so it kind of like a comfortable old pair of shoes I can bring myself to get rid of - in spite of Mike annoying the H-E- Double L our of me sometimes.

But I think Mike really need to get a new partner. Someone to balance out the airtime on the show. But I'm sure he's much to arrogant to think anyone else is worthy of sharing time with him.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546045.11 was deleted
  • 12/7/12
  • TheFriNgE
and change the station to what? We need a competing sports radio station here in NY
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • TheFriNgE
Mike will never take on a partner. (he had a good one) He needs to take a few Xanax!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • TheFriNgE
Mike has a very RUDE habit of overrunning everyone, especially callers who he too frequently cuts off, and honesty I am not allowed the chance to hear them defend their points. Mike cuts off good calls!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546045.15 was deleted
  • 12/7/12
  • TheFriNgE
Maybe you should go away!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • dee31
Thats every day for him as many words as the guests get in Mike is pretty much having a conversation with himself he is the Nancy Grace of sports talk.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • 86kid

Yeah, brilliant. You should get a Nobel Prize for being so wise and all knowing.

But if you read the thread, you'd see what I said about why I stick with the program.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • 86kid
LOL true.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • NYMETS1
Mike has done this since Dog left the show.. but I still rather listen to Mike than to Kay on ESPN... talk about annoying... Mike needs a partner.. bring back Dog.. or maybe- I know 'FAN won't do it but Boomer would be a fit.. then getr rid of that annoying flea Carton.. guy is like a ferret on crack.. problem is Boomer gets ratings in the AM, so who takes that spot?..
  • Reply to this Message