• To:All
  • 12/7/12
  • thebobymon

Andres Torres.

Let the charade end.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • NYMETS1
That would be a joke.. may very well happen...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Too expensive.

Kirk is almost free.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • Remember86
Let's give Willie Mays a call.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • skorpio520
not expecting anything in 2013 anyway so if he signs a modest one year deal until we get our real center fielder ,whatever.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/8/12
  • bucknerismyhero
Hopefully Leonys Martin...I am beginning to believe in this potential Texas package.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • thedamon
NO Leonys Martin... I don't want anything Texas has to offer.. And Martin is another left-handed of... They already have 3 and most of their OF prospects are also lefties... Any OF they acquire has to switch or righty
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • srdiddy666
Not terribly thrilled, but I think Kirk should get his chance this year. I think the kid has the makeup to adjust, but I can't say that I'm particularly bullish on him. Not too thrilled about Den Dekker either, for that matter, but I don't think these guys are as big a disaster as what we would be trotting out at the corners as currently constructed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • skorpio520
i like neweinheis.i think he has got alot of potential .i just dont really get excited when he comes to bat and i dont think he has much speed (does he?).id much rather have either a shortstop or center fielder that can lead off and steal 40 bags.now a left fielder,ok.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • mysticpiazza
Don Hahn
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • srdiddy666
I understand your point, but I don't know that there are too many 40+ basestealers in the game. They have to get on base more than 40 times to steal more than 40 bases. I like Tejada at the top of the order, since I think that he works counts (which helps the next batters see more pitches) and gets on base, even though he doesn't steal bases. The thing I like about Kirk is that he has 15-20 hr potential, which have a better chance of turning into more runs than 40sbs. If you can get 15-20 out of him, then 20-25 out of Wright, 30 out of Ike, and maybe 25 out of Duda, then you really have the potential to punish a pitcher having an off-night. Especially if you can have Tejada and Murph getting on base in front of them. My batting order 1-6 would be Tejada, Murph, Wright, Ike, Duda, Kirk. Oh, and if we can add another middle of the order bat (like Myers), the lineup actually starts to look really strong with Duda moving to 6th and Kirk being your 7 or 8 hitter.
Of course, I would not be surprised to see Duda and Kirk do absolutely nothing, either. I was very disappointed in both of their seasons last year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • PigIron
Amos Otis.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • edmet
they need to call boras and ask about bourn. fat chance, i know, but if they sign him and hairston we are in decent shape.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • edmet
martin AND olt ok.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • skorpio520
then package olt with valdespin and some others and try nabbing stanton
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • skorpio520
saw it in another post and thought it was a good idea.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • kaztast1c

Drew Stubbs

I expect a Dickey trade. We could more than move him to the Reds once Greinke is signed for Stubbs, Boxburger, and (pipe dream alert!!!) Billy Hamilton....

More likely would be Stubbs and Boxburger, possibly a lower level prospect like Neftali Soto.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • AdrianMonk

Don't forget Juan Lagares. People were talking about him in '11.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • edmet
yup, package olt w duda, valdespin and mejjia or gee and make a run at stanton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • TheFriNgE
Bonilla, he's still under contract, right?
  • Reply to this Message