• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Eff the Blue Jays
Message 546023.1 was deleted
  • 12/7/12
  • JackNicholson

Mike Piazza, future hall of fame catcher.

Buster Posey, has won 2 of the last 3 world series'. There aren't many elite catchers out there, but having one is a huge advantage.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • oceans48
Who would possibly want a young, stud, every day catcher to grow with your young, stud pitchers for years to come instead of a 38 yo pitcher who pitches every 5 days?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546023.4 was deleted
  • 12/7/12
  • fargol

"Who would possibly want a young, stud, every day catcher to grow with your young, stud pitchers for years to come instead of a 38 yo pitcher who pitches every 5 days? "

What makes you think he's a stud already?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • oceans48
Compared to Thole, Recker, Nickeas, or anyone else we've seen around here, he's a stud.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • bbjmparis
Keep Dickey. Right now, he's the best pitcher in the game. Who'd want to trade him for a guy who has a good chance of being a bust. I only trade Dickey if I get back one Good young major league player, and a top prospect. Offer me less, and I just walk away. Keeping a 20 game Cy Young winner. How horrible. Oh! The humanity!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • skorpio520

arencibia i dont wanna include in the trade unless its a three player deal involving either another outfielder or relief pitcher ,gose i wouldnt mind having.but d'arnaud? h#ll yeah ill take him.him and gose ,id do that deal.by 2014...id like to get another pitcher to replace him though. try to nab sheilds,wait til next year even and make a play for lincecum or garza etc..

• Reply to this Message
Messages 546023.9 through 546023.10 were deleted
  • 12/8/12
  • skorpio520
who else do the jays have though ,that would be the no1 player in the deal? only d'arnaud from what im looking at.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • bucknerismyhero
If I were to get Snydergaard/Sanchez in a deal from the Blue Jays, I wouldn't be that upset. That would really stack us in terms of pitching prospects; potentially freeing us up for a big trade for a bat?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • skorpio520
rebuilding a farm system just to trade it away doesnt make much sense to me. and we dont need anymore pitchers,unless hes a stand out. lets fill the wholes we need or nnot trade him,or anyone at all.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • Lipchitz
Yup that settled it
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • DanNYM
Keep Dickey and give him his extension and shell out the money to $cott Bora$ to sign Michael Bourn.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • njmets80
I'd rather trade for Choo than Bourn
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • BigTon
How about Bonifacio?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • FlaMetsFan
I'm pretty sure they can get a catcher for, say, Flores. They should then just sign Dicket to the 3-year deal and start looking for an outfielder
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • bucknerismyhero
It is not a matter of tearing down a rebuilt farm system so much as it is finding top value. Top pitching prospects are golden because all teams are realizing that the price to compete for FA SP is outrageous. If the key pieces to a Dickey trade were SP prospects that wouldn't be so bad because we can turn those pitching prospects, or our own, around for the young impact bat that we seem to be having a difficult time attaining.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • Lipchitz
What catcher could they get for Flores?
  • Reply to this Message