• wow what a slow da.mn offseason
  • To:All
  • 12/6/12
  • KB24NYM
boring as f.k
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • skorpio520
i think we need to see just one move then the domino affect will erupt.wilpons say they are raising payroll this year some,then a little more next year,etc..cant do that without signing some people or trading for people.so lets see what happens after the dickey situation is resolved then go from there.i just have this feeling once one thing is done its all gonna start jumping
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546021.3 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • RomneyandRyan

Why can't you understand that getting 2 top free agents on the market still will not improve the Mets that much. A team that can not replace a marginal bullpen pitcher can not contend. We threw almost every AAA guy we had and no one was able to secure Byrdaks job.

Paying Free Agents is useless until the system is fixed, you can not win if you do not have young, affordable players.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • sheadro
Agreed. Overspending in this market is only justifiable when it is for pieces that can put you over the top. We aren't there. It's not just the Mets moving slow, it's the pace of the market as a whole. I'll be patient and reserve my judgment for when this team takes shape.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • skorpio520

"i think we need to see just one move then the domino affect will erupt.wilpons say they are raising payroll this year some,then a little more next year,etc..cant do that without signing some people or trading for people.so lets see what happens after the dickey situation is resolved then go from there.i just have this feeling once one thing is done its all gonna start jumping"

could you please point out where i said we should be signing top free agents? i said that they said they will be raising payroll (according to jeff) SOME. so instead of taking someone elses unprotected garbage and making him an everyday right fielder or catcher.we have a shot at getting a olivo and/or ross . not bourn and napoli but not dumpster diving either.
people are b!tching because sandy hasnt done anything.im just pointing out it usually just starts with one move then the boom happens .

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Brian McCann
Latest by Bwaah - 12:07 PM
Knock Collins all you want!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:05 PM
Since those first 3 games...
Latest by thagreat1 - 12:03 PM
Chris Young batting .200, anyone surprised?
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:03 PM
Oh, and BTW.. Davis is 0-9 and at .227
Latest by panthernet - 12:03 PM
Minor League Baseball
Latest by miracl3met - 12:00 PM
Beautiful play!
Latest by AdrianMonk - 11:59 AM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:54 AM
It's a shame we passed on Abreu and Cruz...
Latest by ucpatoi - 11:53 AM
Three Funniest Posters
Latest by jereviens - 11:43 AM