• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I'd trade Niese and dickey for Myers
  • To:All
  • 12/6/12
  • CoBrA
Never did like Niese and getting a top rated outfielder something we need just makes sense.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • KB24NYM
both? you dumb
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546012.3 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB

you would probably also trade Wright for Arod while eating both contracts....

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • 4545_ajd
I bet you would like to throw in Ike while you are at it. Trading players because you don't like them is kinda well... dumb.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546012.6 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
Odorizzi
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • hammr1952
you dont like anyone on the mets so no surprise there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • 86kid

>>>"Never did like Niese and getting a top rated outfielder something we need just makes sense."<<<

Dude, I mean, seriously ?

You'd better be having KC send us Odorizzi plus another two prospects, to go along with Myers, otherwise that deal doesn't fly.

Edited 12/6/12   by  86kid
Edited 12/6/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • almandareo357
No Sir.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • KLake409
Niese and Dickey?, yeah then we can have a pitching machine pitch 1/2 our games next season (makes perfect sense).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • CoBrA
i like Matt Harvey
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • CoBrA
gives us the best reason to bring up wheeler
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • WallyWORLD
Offense won't mean much without pitching. Niese and Dickey won 33 games with a pretty awful offense. Maine and Perez won 30 with an awesome offense. Wheeler (and Myers) won't be enough to offset what you'd be willing to trade for Myers. If you want a winner, this would be a dumb way to go about it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • bbjmparis
Dickey and Niese for Myers...This is a joke...right? Either of them for a prospect is a bad deal for us. Both of them is just stupid. Niese is a good young pitcher who's getting better. He'd have won 18 games last year on a team with some hitting, defense, and a BP that could occasionaly hold a lead. We had none of that. The most I'd give up for a prospect is Gee...and I'd have to think hard about that. I'd give them Duda or Murphy in a heartbeat...but nobody wants either of them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • 86kid

>>>"The most I'd give up for a prospect is Gee...and I'd have to think hard about that. I'd give them Duda or Murphy in a heartbeat...but nobody wants either of them."<<<

Well, certainly we aren't getting Myers for a Gee, Duda, or Murphy. KC wouldn't even take all three for him. But those names could get us other help in the outfield.

I would not trade Neise at all, but I would trade Dickey. But even with trading Dickey, I think we need to get back two guys.

Edited 12/7/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message