• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Niese for myers still alive
Message 546009.1 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • cjct

i think i would have to pull the trigger on that type of deal...as long as another key piece like Wheeler isn't involved (they can shove it if thats the case).

Neise is a good player but u have to take the risk on acquiring arguably the best young hitting prospect in baseball.

U sign Lannon to replace Neise for the time being and Wheeler is coming up next year at some point so our rotation will be fine.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Matt H

Exactly. I think Lannan would come back to where he grew up especially if he was guaranteed his spot in the rotation.

2013 starting rotation:
Dickey
Santana
Harvey
Lannan
Gee

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • 4545_ajd
I agree I like Niese but based on where our strength is at right now I think this would be the best move. I would definitely sign Lannan though, give him a good deal but include team options for 2014 and 2015 since the Mets are going to need a lefty with Santana gone next year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • FromTheRedSeats
You have to do this.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • alfolerud
So why is your boss not pulling the trigger on this?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546009.7 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • alfolerud
Yes, are you not a paid spokesperson for the Wilpons? I can't imagine you would possilby come to these boards to defend them for no compensation.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546009.9 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • alfolerud
Haha, question answered. I hope they lose all of thier money and are forced to live as paupers.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546009.11 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • 4545_ajd
If this trade happens, then Carlos Beltran would be responsible for getting the Mets the 2 best prospects they have had in years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/6/12
  • thebobymon
LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • jsmet

Niese for myers still alive

Good get it done

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • jsmet

Haha, question answered. I hope they lose all of thier money and are forced to live as paupers

Ditto

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • fargol

"So why is your boss not pulling the trigger on this? "

How about this - you talk to YOUR boss and see if he'll listen to offers for Cano.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • pt1028

>>>If this trade happens, then Carlos Beltran would be responsible for getting the Mets the 2 best prospects they have had in years.<<<

Okay, I'm drawing a big blank in my brain right now, lol!
How would Beltran be responsible for the Myers trade?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
Maybe because Beltran paid for Niese's nose job and therefore made him a better pitcher? Idk lol..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • 4545_ajd

"Maybe because Beltran paid for Niese's nose job and therefore made him a better pitcher? Idk lol.."

There you go DFAB, You hit it right on the...the... I forget the rest of that saying. Oh well never mind.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • spydermet
As a fan, I don't like this as Niese is a much better pitcher than Lannan. There's also no guarantee that we will sign Lannan. That said, If Myers lives up to his expectations, this would help us more than hurt us. Looking at both sides, As the GM, I would have to make this trade.
  • Reply to this Message