• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Do you think the Mariners would have interest in Dickey?
  • To:All
  • 12/6/12
  • stearnsy12

King Felix plus RA would give them the best 1-2 in the division and they've been reported to be in the hunt for Hamilton....

we could add either Murphy or Duda plus Thole (Dickey,Murphy,Thole) for Jesus Montero and their #7 prospect Paxton a young lefty with promise

you think there's a fit there?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • The5Wright5Way

if we were to get Montero it would be straight up.

He already proved he can play in the majors and he has huge upside

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

Don't they have Mike Zunino? I guess he's not eligible yet, but maybe later.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

If they actually do sign Hamilton, then yes they would have a great interest in Dickey.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • stearnsy12

they actually used Montero a lot at DH and their second baseman Ackley wasn't very good

i'd like to see if i could get a young pitcher from them and Paxton is not one of their top 2 SP prospects

they've got Jaso catching who actually had a good year and Zunnino on the rise with predicitions he'll be in the bigs in '14

so i was thinking it might be something to look into

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • stearnsy12
exactly,he's their 4th ranked prospect i believe due to arrive in '14....i'd take him but i think he might be untouchable,even more so than Montero
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • stearnsy12
seems like they're trying to put together a winner sooner rather than later and someone like Dickey wouldn't preclude them from offering a big contract to Hamilton
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
Montero can hit...but he's a future 1b/DH. I'd rather trade Dickey where Montero isn't the centerpiece.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • stearnsy12

seemed to have good numbers behind the plate defensively but that doesn't say it all

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
I'm pretty sure most scouts/talent evaluations have him eventually moving away from the catching position sooner rather than later
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • stearnsy12
is it because he can't catch or because they've got Zunnini coming soon?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
I think because of his defense...can't remember the reasoning.
  • Reply to this Message