• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Winter Meetings Grades for both the Yankees and Mets
  • To:All
  • 12/6/12
  • melloca
The Yankees in my Opinion receive an A for being the laughingstock of the Winter Meetings by not spending money including MLB to calling them the Coupons. The Mets receive an F for not doing anything at all in improving the 2013 Roster, with so many holes to fill Sandy wasted his time at Nashville.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • burningmyeyes
You are TOO rouHe gets at least a C! He did find the Hotel all by himself. That should count for something.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • spydermet
A little biased there? According to you, neither team did anything and both have holes to fill. The Yankees get an A while The Mets get an F? Shouldn't you be spending your time on the Yankees board? Or Are you under another screen name.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • melloca
No I am a Mets fan and I despise the Yankees but seeing the Yankees do nothing and get called the laughingstock of the Winter Meetings is Priceless. I have never posted on their board and by the way read Ken Rosenthals rant on the Yankees I couldn't stop laughing. For my grade on the Mets yes it is deserved. The Phils, Braves and Nats did things here while SA was asleep at the wheel.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

The limo driver had GPS.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • spydermet
Doing nothing may be the best move. We don't know what preliminary talks he's had with other GMs and where the talks may lead. Making a rash decision just for the sake of making a move would likely backfire.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • melloca
Russell Martin would have been the answer for our Catchers needs as the Yankee Pitching Staff loved him and he did a good job with them. For the Pirates to steal him was a bad move by the Mets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Kranesback
Doing nothing is the only move. We have no payroll wiggle room for the next 8 years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • spydermet

"Doing nothing is the only move. We have no payroll wiggle room for the next 8 years."

That has nothing to do with this thread. We are talking about this year's winter meetings, not the next 8 yrs, and we are talking about comparing the Yankees and Mets during those meetings. Both teams did nothing, so both should get the same grade.

As there is a possible suitor for Dickey and other moves are reported to be in the works, The Mets get the higher grade. Try to keep up.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Haldane
Never fear! Jeffie the boy genius is on the job! He's got a little money in his back pocket so he can make deals before the deadline!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Kranesback
...and you're the thread police...stf u!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • spydermet
Is that your best reply? Very weak. I stated facts And you reply with a 5 yr old's comeback? BTW, STF U? I'm writing, not speaking.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546000.13 was deleted
  • 12/7/12
  • fargol

Let's see what happens before OD?

If nothing happens by then, I'll be disappointed. It just seems silly to get all worked up this early in the process.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • sheadro
How do you grade winter meetings without being in the room and knowing what has or hasn't been discussed? There is no deadline during meetings! Why dont fans get this? We could make a trade next week that was discussed and started durings the meetings for all we know.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • spydermet
From an article on the home page.
"Goals accomplished: The Mets may not have accomplished anything tangible at the Meetings, but they did make progress on several fronts. They listened to trade offers on Dickey from more than a half-dozen clubs and talked to agents regarding their needs at outfield, catcher and the bullpen. On every front, they are closer to achieving their goals than before."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Of course. What better place to get objective news and analysis on the Mets then their own homepage!

If only we had realized this sooner.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • spydermet
Wow. What a response. So informative. Do you have any facts to disprove what I posted, or do you just need to say anything to boost your self esteem? Attacking my post is meaningless. Whether or not it is true remains to be seen. I'm simply putting it out there as one way of looking at things.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • Yankeefantic

amazing, sheer amazing. When the Yankees spend tons of money, they are called "THE EVIL EMPIRE" and the "Big bad Yankees ".
Now, they don't spend money on what was a pudrid free agent class and people are whining.

Don't worry , next year when you have money coming off the books , you can over pay for Cano because Hal ain't caving in to his demand of a 10 year contract @ 20 million. But, Sandy be my guest.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/8/12
  • Yankeefantic

No I am a Mets fan and I despise the Yankees but seeing the Yankees do nothing and get called the laughingstock of the Winter Meetings is Priceless

guess again if you think that bothers the Yankees what you think. Stop being so jealous and worry about your own pudrid team.

• Reply to this Message