• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Welcome your 2013 NY Mets!
  • To:All
  • 12/6/12
  • cjct

For opening day our announcer should say "Welcome your 2013 NY Mets, the exact same mediocre team as the 2012 NY Mets"

But we still have our hometown favorite player in the whole wide world in David Wright so all if fine. Who cares about winning when he can break every NY Mets record since that is more important than the overall success.

The trade news front stinks as the Royals are asking for shhhhit load and we are no where close. While our the teams in our division are getting better. WTFFFFFFF is going on....

The 2013 "Insane" Mets should be our slogan. Going into the year with the same exact team and expecting a different outcome.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • hammr1952
is it april yet?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

No Hairston though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • cjct

what exactly do you see happening? You do understand other teams are filling there needs and its not like people are knocking down our door for a 38 year old knuckleballer (cy young or not).

We probably have one acceptable package for decent complimentary pieces but that wont put us overboard.

Most likely we will be running the exact same team out there.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • johnyringo

I keep expecting that people will stop posting the definition of insanity b/c its so played out

but it never happens :(

Edited 12/6/12   by  johnyringo
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • hammr1952
and how do YOU know that? you do realize.... or maybe you dont alot of trades and moves are done AFTER these meetings... and groundwork is laid out.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • alfolerud
He's on the koolaid. Can't expect a ludic thought process out of him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • cjct
i apologize, but the Mets are making me (as a fan) go insane!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • saztastic2012
First GM Meeting for you? First offseason? Were you too young to post last year?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • saztastic2012
I think this is the fi9rst year he is old enough to post.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • METMAINEAC

If you dont want to play, take your ball and go home.

Your thread reads like a fukcing spoiled 11 YO.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • hammr1952
way to many of these clowns on this board..... nothing but whiners.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • cjct

personal attacks nice?

so everyone has to be happy the way the organization is putting together a team?

what do I have to be happy about?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • alfolerud
You sound like a complacent 80 year old.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • cjct

spoiled...we stink bro

why can't I be dissappointed about my favorite team not being good?

thats why I don't get, do I have to support every decision and move the FO makes if I believe they are making mistakes?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • METMAINEAC

Sure people like to vent, but I find many things on here hilarious.

People bit%ing about all the FA signings going on. Really, you folks like those overpaid contracts? Victorino? I've yet to see a savvy move ive been overly impressed with, let alone something that would fill a need here of value.

Were these the same people bit%hing when team spent like sailors for the same results in years past?

Are these the same people that said to be patient and develop through the farm?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • burningmyeyes
Hey Saz is right! Sandy is doing a fantastic job. Look at his track record from last years meetings. LOL. Oh wait lets see what Sandy did at the All Star break to help the team when they were 8 games over 500. Oh wait nothing again! We should all be confident that we will be a different team by April. Hope you all enjoyed Torres in CF because he will be back. We specialize in bottom feeding deals. After all the Mets are a SMALL market team. Oh wait its NY. There is NO WAY to justify Sandy's inability to secure talent for this team. It is a joke. So Saz (I mean Jeff) keep defending the maggott SA and enjoy anothe 3 years of 4th place if we are lucky. Thank God Im a NY Giants fan because between the Mets and the NY Islanders they drain the life right out of you!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • cjct

why are you comparing me to another poster about complaining about not spending money!

I am not complaining about spending money! The FA stink to high heavens...I wouldn't spend a dime on scrubs like Victorino, Ludwick, and all the mediocre over priced old guys.

I wanted to actually have a productive offseason and finally start a rebuilding project which we have yet to do. We have decided to go with the "stuck in the middle" plan. You either are competing or you are rebuilding any team stuck in the middle is wasting time and resources.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • METMAINEAC

But you forget to mention how SA was applauded by you and many here at the time of making moves last offseason.

YAY! SA did something!!! YAY!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • hammr1952
i know what your saying... over blown contracts for at best decent players.... what people seem to forget is alot of teams now are locking up their good players at an early age... just like mets did with reyes and wright. THEN when any of those players hit the FA market they are heading into 30+ yr old land and are looking for that 1 last BIG payday and someone ALWAYS bites and overpays.
  • Reply to this Message