• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Phillies acquire OF Ben Revere
  • To:All
  • 12/6/12
  • msmetsies

The Phillies acquired outfielder Ben Revere from the Twins, reports MLB.com's Todd Zolecki.

Revere, 24, hit .294/.333/.342 in 553 plate appearances for the Twins this year, stealing 40 bags in 49 tries. With just one year and 149 days of Major League service, Revere will not be arbitration eligible until 2014 at the earliest, and is under team control through 2017.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#LkiJAaRQzVlE17gG.99

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • melloca
SA will probably state we had interest in him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • robrock30
Nice inexpensive trade by the Phils. 24 yo OF who stole 74 bases in the last two years, good defender who puts the ball in play. They are also pursuing Michael Young for 3B.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • skorpio520
wouldve been a nice grab but nothing im upset over.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • msmetsies

It's so frustrating to see a GM in our own division like Amaro work for trades to improve his club in what seems like an instant.

Then we have a GM who "has interest" and has "laid groundwork" on players but doesn't get anything done. Doesn't seem to have creativity either.

I understand waiting it out for Dickey until Greinke signs and teams becomes desperate, but dam n, you can do something else in the meantime. We need more than one Outfielder and we need a catcher.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • robrock30

They gave up Vance Worley to the Twins

Worley, 25, posted a 4.20 ERA, 7.2 K/9, 3.2 BB/9, 0.81 HR/9, and 46% groundball rate in 133 innings this year for the Phillies.

He was great in 2011, but injured in 2012.

Edited 12/6/12   by  robrock30
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • melloca
I agree not only were the Phils active but the Braves and Nats were also active while our GM was wasting time in Nashville.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • skorpio520
he wanted to go on a tour to see how the country musicains live! cut him some slack. :)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • jsmet
He has never hit a major league home run
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • msmetsies
I'm not complaining that they got Revere and we didn't, especially at the price they did. I'm frustrated to see other GM's make moves to improve their club and our GM hasn't.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • edmet
good pickup for phillies. m. bourn is down to seattle. i suggested yesterday we should come in as this yrs mystery team and offer bourn 4 yrs x $13m with a team option for a 5th yr at $13m with a $3m buyout. we need a leadoff hitter and a cf. if we dont have one coming in a trade, this is reasonable. mariners likely outbid us, but why not give is a shot? i realize it is unlikely even with the bay/wright defered money and the other money coming off books. that money is probably going to stadium debt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

??

He would be one of the best bats the team had immediately, and a starting CF.

Yeah, no big deal. They gave up the great Vance Worley too... Wow.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • DFAB
They gave up Worley AND a top pitching prospect. Revere would have been nice but not at that cost. I guess the closest equivalent would be Gee+Familia...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • JoseJose
All I hear is excuse about why we do nothing. It is getting old. All data and recent trades indicate we will have lots of scrubs in our lineup. Teams that were already much better than us improved. Are you ready for the second coming of Torres, or similar caliber players?
  • Reply to this Message