• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Toronto with yet another possibility: Bonifacio
  • To:All
  • 12/6/12
  • mysticpiazza
Latest rumor is they might offer Bonifacio up for trade, now with a crowded OF and with Izturis to handle 2B full time. This is a bit surprising, considering they just acquired him, but looking at their lineup now with Reyes and Rajai Davis there might not be any need for a 3rd speedster. He could arguably steal more bases than either, however, as he was leading the majors in steals the first few months last year and was on pace to steal over 60 last year before getting hurt. He's not great, but he is a better than average utility man, only 27, and can play many positions well, including CF. I'm not sure what it would take, since Toronto doesn't seem to have any holes in their lineup/rotation now, but maybe a deal could be worked out involving Dickey + another player for Bonifacio, Arencibia, and possibly Jannsen?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • skorpio520
would rather have d"arnaud in any deal that dickey is included in. wouldnt mind having having those two players but would want more with dickey involved.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • skorpio520
i know ppl think alot of us overestimate dickeys value. hes a cy young,20 game winner who will make only 5 million dollars in 2013.your price for him has to be higher or its not worth trading him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • 86kid

>>>"i know ppl think alot of us overestimate dickeys value. hes a cy young,20 game winner who will make only 5 million dollars in 2013.your price for him has to be higher or its not worth trading him."<<<

I'm sure Sandy isn't going to settle for a poor package for Dickey. Right now they are asking teams for their #1 prospect - which they should. But ultimately we may agree on someone's #2 #3 #4 #5 in some combination. Which in the case of some teams means we are still getting a great package, even though it doesn't include their #1 prospect.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • mysticpiazza
Bonifacio, Arencibia, and Jannsen is a poor package? We don't know what Dickey's market value is right now, Cy Young or not. I prefer to keep him anyway and fill holes creatively, but I haven't seen much creativity out of this organization yet.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • skorpio520
arencibia is overrated.id take him in a deal not involving a 20 game,cy young award winner. "id be interested in dickey,absolutely,but not at the cost of one of our top prospects" is a comment made by a baseball executive. (i forget where i saw it,google it you should be able to find it) they cannot trade this guy for secondary prospects that might or might not have a mlb impact,we need a sure thing.in we dont get that, then i hope sandy just signs him to an extension and doesnt f#ck this up.
  • Reply to this Message