• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• RA Dickey for Ben Revere+
  • To:All
  • 12/6/12
  • amazin99

Revere is the perfect lead-off man the Mets need and I read somewhere that the Twins were thinking about shopping him...I suspect the Twins would have to give up a little more however...maybe alex Meyer who they just got from the Nats

Thoughts?

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/6/12
  • amazin99
Probably then trade Thole separately for one of their backup middle infielders like Eduardo Escobar
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Remember86
There's a report from Paul Morosi saying the Twins were open to trading him. However, he also says they'd want a centerfielder back in the trade. Mets don't have one. Considering the Twins are probably looking for younger players, they ARE looking for starting pitchers, but it would seem a guy like Niese would fit into their plans more than Dickey. It would be great if the Mets could work out a trade for Ben Revere. I agree he's the kind of player I think the Mets could use.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • mysticpiazza

You really have to look long and hard at that Twins roster to find guys worth acquiring other than Revere, minor leaguers notwithstanding. Two other guys that might fill our needs are Doumit and Perkins. Doumit's become some glorified utility man there behind Mauer but still managed a breakout season with 18HRs/.275 BA and is a switch hitter. Maybe he'd like a starting catcher job back. Perkins stepped into the closer role with Capps down and rose to the occasion.

Throw Doumit in the deal and MAYBE I'd consider the trade.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

Keep Dicley and offer Matz plus Duda + den Dekker.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

Wasn't he on "Roots"?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • mysticpiazza
LOL. They don't call him Chicken George for nothin'!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • beingfrank
Was not impressed at first glance, but if you look a bit closer there are some things to like about the guy
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • alfolerud
Why is he the perfect leadoff hitter? He is fast nad plays center, but his OBP last year was .333. A good leadoff hitter should have a higher OBP than that.
  • Reply to this Message