• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• What exactly is the plan?
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • mookie009
David said there was some grand plan they showed him? What is it? They seem to be stuck in middle. Won't blow up team and rebuild, but won't acquire talent either. Worst place to be. Make up your dang mind Sandman. This is pathetic. If Sandy gets DArnaud or Myers the winter was a success. If Sandy fills the C, Out, and bullpen holes with actual "good" players it was a success, but my guess is he will role the dice on scrap heap, dollar store bargins, won't trade Dickey or sign him, and keep saying, be patient, help is on the way. Don't insult the fan base with that garbage, we're not buying it. I would love to believe there is hope, but to quote the immortal Princess Leia," Help me Obi won Kenobi, your'e my only hope." Actually I don't even think he could help this team.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545958.2 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • JoseJose
Gluten-free cheeseburgers at the Shake Shack.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • edmet
patience. i dont trust front office, but they are doing due diligence and need to wait market for pitching out. once greinke signs and shields gets traded, dickey's value should rise. if it doesn't start the season with him. remember, sandy waited giants out on beltran/wheeler.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nvmets10
I suppose but can we afford to wait it out with all of these outfielders signing? Will there be anything left once this Dickey situation is finally resolved? Because it's kinda seeming like they're focusing all of their efforts on these extension/trade talks.

Edited 12/5/2012 9:52 pm ET by nvmets10
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545958.6 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • gomets66
the plan is to resolve the dickey issue first and then move on. at least that is what sandy said a couple weeks ago.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • JoseJose
Maybe that will be their excuse for making no moves. "Well we couldn't settle the Dickey thing so "we were distracted from possibly being able to consider other moves."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • lllfxlll

u are a gluten for punishment!

lol

Edited 12/5/12   by  lllfxlll
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • bbjmparis

Waited the Giants out??? Then why did he trade a pretty good player in Beltran for a suspect...er...prospect like Wheeler? This trade got us the absolute worst outfield in Baseball. In return we got a guy who may never win a major league game. We wuz robbed. Be honest, the only reason this deal was made was because Fred and Jeff didn't want to pay Beltran.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • KLake409
I remember all the realists on here saying Beltran would never be any good again
b.c his arthritic knee would just get worse and worse and worse,
but of course that's when he was a Met (Realists hate all Mets players).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
I agree we should wait until Greinke, etc. signs, but we CANNOT go into the season without either an extension or him trade....just CAN'T
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545958.13 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • murphstates
You actually took my "instant gratification" comment seriously? Was the part where I asked the other poster if he was a communist not a tip off?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Oldfan

Even if the Mets were in the playoffs next year, I wouldn't call it instant gratification.

After 4 consecutive 4th place finishes, there was no instant gratification. I think the reamining Mets fans have been patient and its time for the Mets to start getting better.

Yeah, there's still time before the season starts, but that's been the rallying cry for years. One thing is clear, some of the available talent that could have helped the Mets has been going to other teams, reducing the pool of players the Mets could use.

Instant gratification? That ship sailed a few years ago.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • oceans48
Patience is indeed a virtue, but having a plan and carrying it through has better results. SA should have targeted a few key players and made an aggressive move to get them. Right now he's fiddling while Citifield burns.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • nvmets10
I'm sorry but I continue to be truly baffled by your claims that this is a base all about instant gratification. Again, the organization has been to the playoffs 7 times in 51 seasons, including ONCE in the last 12. I mean, my god, how can you accuse anybody still here of not having patience??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld
I want third place and I WANT IT NOW!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • fargol

"I want third place and I WANT IT NOW!! "

Geez, aren't YOU the greedy one!

:)

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Yes.

I just want that sweet, sweet taste of slightly worse than average. And I'm willing to give up everything to get it.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
JSAngel: Trout a Fraud
Latest by jsmet - 7:23 AM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 7:20 AM
Music Thread II
Latest by jereviens - 7:15 AM
Baseball Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 7:11 AM
Wilmer Flores with 7 RBI already
Latest by jsmet - 7:11 AM