New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Mike Olt, Latest name being tossed around for Dickey
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd

10m Anthony DiComo Anthony DiComo ?@AnthonyDiComo

I still say watch out for Rangers on Dickey, and not bc of his own preferences. If Olt can play OF that's exactly type of player #Mets need.

Anthony DiComo ?@AnthonyDiComo

Olt is young, expendable, local kid, good makeup, plenty of power. If he's not a "difference-maker," I don't know who is.
Expand

• Reply to this Message
Message 545955.2 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • DFAB
If it was Mike Olt+, I think it would be a great trade.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545955.4 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • DFAB
He's #16 overall in MLB top 100....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd

He was #11 right behind Wheeler on Baseball America's midseason top 50.

1. Dylan Bundy, rhp, Orioles
2. Jurickson Profar, ss, Rangers
3. Wil Myers, of, Royals
4. Taijuan Walker, rhp, Mariners
5. Danny Hultzen, lhp, Mariners
6. Gerrit Cole, rhp, Pirates
7. Tyler Skaggs, lhp, Diamondbacks
8. Jose Fernandez, rhp, Marlins
9. Manny Machado, ss, Orioles
10. Zack Wheeler, rhp, Mets
11. Mike Olt, 3b, Rangers
12. Nick Castellanos, 3B, Tigers
13. Matt Barnes, rhp, Red Sox
14. Francisco Lindor, ss, Indians
15. Jameson Taillon, rhp, Pirates
16. Archie Bradley, rhp, Diamondbacks
17. Nolan Arenado, 3b, Rockies
18. Oscar Taveras, of, Cardinals
19. Travis D'Arnaud, c, Blue Jays
20. Shelby Miller, rhp, Cardinals

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • DFAB
so yea..Mike Olt + either a solid (non AS) ML player or a low A ball top prospect with high ceiling
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nextyearm
sign me up
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • gomets66
an actual outfield prospect would be nice instead of throwing another big, slow guy out there and hoping he is at least mediocre defensively.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Remember86
CAN he play the outfield? The Mets have too many players playing out of position.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nextyearm
he's played a few games in RF in the Minors..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Remember86
I think I've heard that one before.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545955.13 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • sheadro
Rangers have always made the most sense. Easy place to get an extension done in the window, deep system, and a contender who would be willing to pay the price for a CY young difference maker. If he isn't staying odds are that is where he is going
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd
"After a first full year in 2011 that was interrupted by a broken collarbone, Olt shook off the rust with a huge Arizona Fall League. That carried over to 2012, where he put up big numbers in the Double-A Texas League before getting called up to the big league club in early August. Scouts think he has the chance to be a better all-around hitter than originally thought, though power and run production are what will keep him in the big leagues. He's a good defender at third to boot and was showing the Rangers he can also handle first or an outfield corner if needed."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Remember86
A good defender at third base? The numbers say otherwise. Ten errors in 64 games in 2010 in A ball. Eleven errors in 70 games in 2011 in A ball. 11 errors in 78 games at third base in AA. His lifetime Fielding Percentage at third base is .946. And that's his "natural" position I take it, since that's how he's listed. Kind of like how Daniel Murphy's "natural" position is third base. Oh and by the way, his career BA is .282, though last year he showed some definite power. Nevertheless, I'm not interested. Would much rather see the Mets go after a player who has and CAN play the outfield.

Edited 12/5/12   by  Remember86
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • DFAB
Olt isn't really a true OF and is more of a 3b. Perhaps we could get a package of Olt and Cody Buckle. Then, we can flip Olt and add Familia for Myers. Yep...I'm a creative mastermind!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545955.18 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • ILikeToSneeze
+1
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • edmet
i like olt. supposedly he can play 1b and corner outfield, tho he doesnt have a lot of speed. we could also package him with duda and a secondary pitching prospect (mejjia?) for stanton, loria might do it.
  • Reply to this Message