• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• PLayers Want to Play for the Mets Because.....
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • archgraham

Sorry if this was already posted, but this quote by Jeffy about Wright almost had me choke on my beer I laughed so hard:

"He wanted to make sure I was going to be around and that the stuff he was reading about us selling the team was not true," Mets president Jeff Wilpon said.

So Wright wanted to be sure that Jeff would stay before he signed? Why don't we use that as our new opening line to free agents: "No worries guys, Jeff doesn't have any other rich fathers to give him jobs for which he isn't qualified, so he'll be sticking around - just sign on the dotted line"

The sad thing is that he probably really believes that he's a selling point.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • gilforhof
I think I'm going to be sick. It just gets worse and worse.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • archgraham
It's like some really evil version of Groundhog Day where we are all Bill Murray but we never even get the satisfaction of punching the annoying insurance salesman.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/7/12
  • gilforhof
LOL... you are of shrewed mind and wit. I was watching some of the Winter Meetings on Hot Stove.. there was The Sandman in all his glory. The more I see of him, the more I dislike him and don't trust him, whether the Wilpons are pulling his strings or he's dancing on his own. EVEN the Astros GM (who has absolutely nothing to be happy about right now, save he still has a job) was more positive and convincing than our boy. Its Black Friday for a while to come in Metsville.
  • Reply to this Message