• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Any One ELSE Got that BAD feeling?
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • nextyearm
That the Mets are going to do absoloutly NOTHING to make this team better? I was VERY optimistic after day one, but not so much anymore. Am I alone with the vibes?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • hammr1952

we all want something to get done.
right now it seems to a be a game of who is going to blink first.
alot of big ticket items out there with no teams.
at this point i would have hoped sandy signed a guy like ross/ludwick.

if we have a zippo outfield ( which we have right now ) sandy and the boy blunder
have some splaining to do.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nextyearm
I mean we have money free to add a guy like ludwick or ross, whats the deal? Do SOMTHING
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • hammr1952
agreed.... makes no sense.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • hammr1952
wright deffered $$ to help the team and we are looking at olivo?
that is not our TOP prioirty as of now... makes you wonder sometimes.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nextyearm
im getting so flustered I forgot anyone was one word -__-
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • hammr1952
the life of a met fan lol.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nvmets10
Can't deny I'm starting to become incredibly concerned. What's really worrying me are the "Olivo as top catching target" report and insiders from the team itself talking about Ludwick's price being too steep at $7 million per season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • gomets66

I was VERY optimistic after day one, but not so much anymore>>>>

i never reached mildly optimistic. hopefully this FO will give me a reason too at some point.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nextyearm
And it seems like the Mets aren't in the mix for really anyone that would make a differnce, while FA's continue to drop like flys
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nextyearm

"hopefully this FO will give me a reason too at some point"

agreed.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nextyearm
haha tell me about it
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
Not sure at this point, it would be a horrible mistake for the Wilpons to do nothing to bring fans back to Citi field this upcoming season. They have to show something to mets fans and make it worth their while to go to games and sitting pat or doing little besides bringing Wright back would not be enough to most fans. I am not saying to go out and make a huge splash buy some minor moves to improve the offense and pitching/bullpen as well as the catching position would help. I am in favor of trading Dickey if they get back two starting caliber young players as well.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nextyearm
My fear is that the Wilpons think Wright and Dickey would be pleny to be excited about.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd
I don't think they would have differed Bays and back loaded Wrights contract if they didn't plan on spending the money they saved.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • nextyearm
i was really having more of a bad feeling about them making a nice splash via trade. I think they will spend money on some lower FA's eventually, but nothing anyones gonna care about.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • metfan2006
Jesus, do they have to pander to your I'm bored bull? Get a life, check back in a week or two and maybe something will be done. Now go back to your room and do your homework or play X-Box.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Kranesback
We got Bixler...don't get greedy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • murphstates

They lost $20 million on a $95 million payroll last year. Deferring Bay and Wright's money can get them to next season when Santana comes off at break even.

So yes, I'm very concerned.

Edited 12/5/12   by  murphstates
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing.

They've deferred a good amount of money this season, and it doesn't look like it's necessarily going to be spent.

This may be a last ditch effort to retain ownership another year or two.

• Reply to this Message