• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Mets don't want to give Hairston 2 years?
Message 545941.1 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • DFAB
A 2 year deal is fair....if he was asking for 3-4 then I could see the Mets not being interested. A 2 year 6m deal is fair.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545941.3 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Here's my question: Where is all this deferred money going? 8 million in Wright's deal, a lot of Bay's... And the team can't afford Hairston.

I don't get it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd

"Here's my question: Where is all this deferred money going? 8 million in Wright's deal, a lot of Bay's... And the team can't afford Hairston.

I don't get it."

There is a difference between not being able to afford someone and not thinking they are worth it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • gomets66
with 45 million available mets shouldnt be quibbling about a couple million. especially with all free agents wanting more than they are worth. a good excuse for them though if they dont spend much and dont improve team.

Edited 12/5/12   by  gomets66
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd
I don't think the Mets view him as an everyday outfielder.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • gomets66
neither do i, but backup/part time players now get 2 year deals. with hairston mets know what they are getting.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • bbyjean616
Whats hilarious is this is the same team who game two years and twelve million to a guy who has NEVER been an effective closer
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • edmet
i read somewhere he will sign for 2 yrs for $9m. if true, do it asap.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • edmet
if they trade dickey for prospects they save another $4m easy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld
They've already saved over 20 million in deferments alone. That hasn't translated to any significant signings, however.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • oceans48
Where is all this deferred money going?
Easy.....the Wilpon fund: Five star restaurants, the best golf courses, superior lodging, upgraded flights, multiple residences, preferred investments (ho ho).....champagne for everyone!!
"2 yrs for Hairston? No way dad!!"
"That's fine by me Jeffy, just keep promising the moon....the idiots will buy it."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

Management has always maintained a "quota" system, if you catch my drift.
  • Reply to this Message