• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Must have man....
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • jt28da
I understand the idea of wanting to bring in young OFers to build on... but there is one dangling out there right now who, to me anyhow, would really show FO commitment to building... and that's Ellsbury! He would instantly bring competence to the OF and the offense as a 1 or 2 place hitter. I don't know if Boston is interested in Dickey, but if Sandy got this done, he'd earn a tad bit of my respect back....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • joemets22
Sandy basically in so many words shot down the Dickey to the Redsox rumors. He said they're not really willing to deal prospects or young players, they have a lot of money to spend right now especially after the trade last year and are looking to improve by spending.

Edited 12/5/12   by  joemets22
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • METMAINEAC

Provided he plays a full season once.

one year left, but will command big bucks. Type of player with some high risk/high reward with some team guaranteed to back the truck up for him, which will likely be Boston themselves.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • jt28da
I agree with the high risk high reward. But at 29, offensively and defensively he'd be by far the best OFer on the roster. And given the fact there should be more money in 14, him having that one year should be a major plus.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545927.5 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • jt28da
absolutely!!! Although in a combo deal, I would consider moving Niese. But an absolute no to Harvey or Wheeler.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Melo15nym
Mets aren't getting in on Ellsbury. They can't even afford Ryan Ludwick, so they aren't going to be trading anything of worth for essentially one year of Jacoby Ellsbury. Just not happening.
  • Reply to this Message