New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Choo Very available, According to Heyman
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd

"Jon Heyman ?@JonHeymanCBS

Very available: shin-soo choo as well as cadrubal. #indians looking for long-term assets "

I still want to see the Mets go after him for maybe a package of their 2nd 3rd tier minor leaguers.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • beingfrank
Choo is a really solid player
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Oldfan

<<"I still want to see the Mets go after him for maybe a package of their 2nd 3rd tier minor leaguers"

Choo's a real good player, with a money ball type OBP.

The problem is, as a Boras client, he's likely a one-year rental.

If the Mets can work out a sign and trade, I'd love to see him as a Met.

Edited 12/5/12   by  Oldfan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • joemets22
Yeah, if we're giving up players and with the Wilpon budget, I'd want him signed or else there's a good chance we let him walk and get nothing in a year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • MetObserver
Do you really see Boras letting him sign an extension rather than test free agency? Only if the Mets break the bank, in fact they would have to hold up a bank in order to get that type of money, for him. I don't see that happening so the Mets would only offer very low key prospects in a trade which isn't going to get it done.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Oldfan

<<"Do you really see Boras letting him sign an extension rather than test free agency?"

No

<<"Only if the Mets break the bank, in fact they would have to hold up a bank in order to get that type of money, for him."

With all the Santana money coming off the books next year, the Mets can do it if want. I just doubt they'll go down that road, giving Choo a big contract.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd

"Yeah, if we're giving up players and with the Wilpon budget, I'd want him signed or else there's a good chance we let him walk and get nothing in a year"

It depends what we have to give up in terms of prospects, if it is not much I think it is worth it, if the team is out of it at the deadline they can trade him, if not worst comes to worse they can get a potential first round pick if they offer him arbitration. Plus I think it will help the Mets in attendance bringing in a whole new demographic.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • murphstates

According to MLB Trade Rumors the price for Choo is "high". It does say the price for Cabrera is "higher", but also says the D-Backs and Indians are discussing a Cabrera for Trevor Bauer deal.

If Bauer is anywhere near what they are looking for in a Choo deal, B and C prospects aren't going to get anything done.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Oldfan

<<"It depends what we have to give up in terms of prospects, if it is not much I think it is worth it, if the team is out of it at the deadline they can trade him, if not worst comes to worse they can get a potential first round pick if they offer him arbitration"

If the Indians can also trade him at the dealine or offer arbitartion, they probably wouldn't accept a package that doesn't exceed that value.

<<"Plus I think it will help the Mets in attendance bringing in a whole new demographic."

That's a good point. In addition to being a good player, I wonder how the Mets will value him as a 2014 FA. They may pass this year and target him next year.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd
Korean population in Cleveland 296, Korean population in NYC 88,079 and NY and NJ are ranked #2 and #3 in Korean population by state.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • MetObserver
Very good point it would guarantee a financial return in addition to what ever he does to help the team on the field. But is that too much to ask for the Wilpons to figure that into the equation
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • edmet
I HAVE BEEN ADVOCATING CHOO AS WELL, BUT WITH THE CURRENT JUMP IN SALARIES I DONT KNOW. WE WONT RESIGN HIM.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd

" David Lennon ?@DPLennon

#Mets also working on a trade for OF that could be pulled off w/o Dickey being involved, so could be some action later today. "

I am hoping this means Choo.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545914.14 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • melloca
I don't think it's Choo because of the asking price. I would love to see them steal Meyers from KC
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545914.16 was deleted