• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Anyone have ESPN insider?
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • mobeen
There is an article "Price for Dickey remains high"... might not be anything new... please post if anyone has read that and there is any useful information.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • leaffie

We mentioned previously that Mets general manager Sandy Alderson is a popular guy at the winter meetings as he ponders trade options for Cy Young Award winner R.A. Dickey.

The Mets are also discussing an extension with Dickey, who will make $5 million next season (the same as Scott Baker with the Cubs). Dickey's agent Bo McKinnis, tells Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com there is enough difference of opinion that he would not be surprised if a trade is completed. "I'm not saying that's our first choice, but if it happens, I'm not going to be surprised," the agent said.

The Mets continue to drive a hard bargain in any trade talk, with one rival executive telling Joel Sherman of the New York Post: "the price is through the roof. He's good, but he's a 38-year-old knuckleballer."

One team that has experienced sticker shock is the Kansas City Royals, who have no intention of surrendering top outfield prospect Wil Myers for Dickey, reports Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star.

As many as eight teams have expressed interest in Dickey.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • johnyringo
Teh "ESPN Insider" concept annoys me...I will never join out of principle
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • JackNicholson

I used to have a free account for a year, somehow, forget how that happened. But since August I haven't had it.

But basically insider articles are sloppy. They just have grabby headlines, no substance. Might as well just follow twitter.

• Reply to this Message