• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Mets havebeen asked about 10+ diferent Minor League Pitchers
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd
In the past few days according to Depodesta on Hot Stove. I guess that is a good sign for where our minor league organization is at right now.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545905.2 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • Mort2112
Doesn't matter. The point is that there are guys in the minors that people are interested in.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • frkaz911
That's an exceptional point. MLB is noticing our farm system, specifically the pitchers, which means there's obviously some substance there. Now the big question is if the Mets (and the fans) are willing to wait it out, or will they give in to the temptation for a quick fix, regardless of how many times we've failed at it in the past.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545905.5 was deleted
  • 12/5/12
  • Mort2112
Who's getting excited?
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • thebobymon

Unfortunately the question most asked is:

"That guy is a pitcher,...really?"

Edited 12/5/12   by  thebobymon
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Oldfan

I guess it depends on the level of interest and what pitchers they're asking about.

Not many teams are willing to make big trades for guys at the lower levels, so you have to suspect teams are at least asking about Wheeler, Familia and Mejia.

I have no idea if its rare that other teams have asked about 10 minor league pichers, but if any of the team sare serious, maybe the Mets should consider unloading a couple for a few bats. The Mets have very few good hitters in their system.

Edited 12/5/12   by  Oldfan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • AdrianMonk

Why unload them before maximizing their value? You could be giving away the wrong one for next to nothing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • MetObserver
A chance that has to be taken from time to time in order to balance out you farm system.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Oldfan

The same can be said for the hitters the Mets would acquire.

I guess that's where scouting comes in.

• Reply to this Message