• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Things I hope Alderson is selling about Dickey
  • To:All
  • 12/5/12
  • bagheera

I hope he is mentioning the following to the other GMs as selling points to drive his price up:

1. If his car breaks down, he has no problem hiking to the ballpark to make his start.
2. His mentor, Yoda, was hundreds of years old so 38 is like being a baby.
3. If he finally masters the Force, then you don't need to worry about his arm because he won't even be using it.
4. His last name creates so many funny bits on local talk show radio.
5. His philosophical post game interviews makes you feel good about yourself and life so you actually forget how bad your team really is.
6. He won't be suspended for using PED, since you don't need them to throw 65 to 80 MPH. Although, he may be busted for using pot.

anything else that I am forgetting that may help Sandy sell RA?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • beingfrank

I think Dickey might be a pot smoker. In fact, I would be surprised if he wasn't

In all seriousness, other minor (very) selling points are that he fields his position very well and he holds runners on great

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • oceans48
RA is the most interesting man in the world! Stay thirsty my fans!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd
7) His At Bat Song is the Game of Thrones Theme, that alone should get an extra prospect or 2.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • bagheera

See that, now we are cooking.
I almost forgot since he could pitch every day, why can't we trade him to all 7 teams that want him? We could get the best prospect from each team. This will be the first 7 team trade in history with 1 guy going to all 7 teams. Think of all the airline miles he would rack up.

We need a little levity since all this speculation is driving me nuts.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd
8) They can put him out to stud and breed an entire rotation and BP of UCLless Pitchers, Just think 20 years from now having 13 pitches who never have to worry about having to get Tommy John Surgery!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • bagheera
Heck, the royals are used to waiting 20 years, we may be able to get their whole farm system.
Nice one.
  • Reply to this Message