Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• R A Dickey Daily show interview videos
  • 12/5/12
  • subwayshea
thanks for posting those, hope he stays
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • PrayedforBay

I knew at some point Stewart would touch on the very obvious fact... he's brighter than your average ballplayer. It was a great interview and you can always tell Dickey has a capability to earn peoples respect and admiration even during brief conversations.

Wish I could meet him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • govmule72
Keep him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • wheeler2011

I understand all the comments from fans here who say that trading Dickey is the best (or only) way to make the Mets better.

But there is more to being a fan than wanting your team to win a championship. There is also the pride of knowing that its players are outstanding individuals - role models for your children and also for yourself.

You can't get much better in this regard than with people like Dickey and Wright. That they also happen to be the two best players on the team is a huge bonus. People like this don't come around very often.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • 4545_ajd

I need to stop watching R A Dickey interviews, I go from thinking what is the best for the Mets to forget Meyers, forget D'arnaud, I don't care who they give I want to keep Dickey, every time I hear him talk.

I like Wright and all but he is such a bore in his interviews, Dickey on the other hand I would pay to hear him talk.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • metsheart
Saw the interview on the show last night. Thanks for posting Part Deux.

Dickey is remarkable. Both as a player & a person. Would love the Mets to oblige his desire to stay in NY. Will understand if they trade him though. Better get back the sun, the moon & the stars if they're giving up this gem!!!
  • Reply to this Message