• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Pretty foolish of teams to still discredit Dickey
  • To:All
  • 12/4/12
  • JackNicholson

It is really narrow minded by these baseball exec's to discredit the success Dickey has had over the last 3 years, especially winning a Cy Young on a below .500 team, because he is 38 years old and is a knuckleball pitcher.

It really is what the book Moneyball was talking about, how baseball is foolish to new ideas. Even though it would be the best business move to trade for other pieces, I kind of hope we sign Dickey to an extension and he wrecks havoc on the league for the next 3-4 years. And the prospects that fans have never even seen, but believe they are going to be elite, turn into platoon players.

Sorry, just frustrated with teams looking at all the wrong reasons when it comes to Dickey.

P.S.: And this talk of, "can his arm stand up over time?", the dude has no UCL, which means no tommy john surgery. Yet, these Royal fans would have no clue what this even means and swear by it that he can still be vulnerable to the injury.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • kinerskrnr
I want them to re-sign him. That's what I'm hoping for.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • bobhamelin

Look up the stats. Dickey has been a better pitcher than Lester or Shields over the past 3 years.

That's why Royals fans are so crazy wanting him over them...no one in KC is discrediting him at all :)

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • spydermet

Its a common bargaining ploy. If someone can convince Sandy that R.A. isn't worth more than they are offering, they might get a great bargain.

What gets me are those who haven't inquired yet. At least 8 teams have. With us that's 9. You have to figure that about 5 teams are comfortable with their rotations and have more pressing needs. Half probably figure they can't afford Dickey in terms of an extension or feel that they don't have enough in terms of talent to trade. That leaves about 6 teams with GMs who have no common sense to not be interested in acquiring R.A.

I hope we resign him to a 2 yr-4 yr contract (last 2 would be option yrs)

• Reply to this Message