• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I'm calling D'Arnaud, Choo, and Ross
  • To:All
  • 12/4/12
  • The5Wright5Way

Myers isn't happening, we aren't getting Bogaerts and Bradley, dee gorden and lee aren't enough.

The jays are the best match. They need pitching and they are going for it now.

Arencibia is not enough. I wouldn't even want him on the team.

D'Arnaud and a lower level pitching prospect, or a ML ready relief arm for Dickey

Thats what it will take. We should be happy about it to. D'Arnaud is a superstar in the making.

THEN - Trade Duda and Tapia for Choo

THEN - Sign Cody Ross 3 years/20m

Then Sign Hairston 2 years / 9m

Build the bullpen with hidden gems.

1) Tejada (SS)
2) Murphy (2B)
3) Wright (3B)
4) Davis (1B)
5) Choo (RF)
6) D'Arnaud (C)
7) Ross (LF)
8) Den Dekker/Niewenhuis/Hairston (CF)

Santana
Niese
Harvey
Gee
Mejia

Wheeler replaces injured santana or worst of Gee or Mejia

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • 4545_ajd
I'll sign up for that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • Moses0507

"D'Arnaud and a lower level pitching prospect, or a ML ready relief arm for Dickey"

Not happening.

"THEN - Trade Duda and Tapia for Choo"

Lol, yeah right

"THEN - Sign Cody Ross 3 years/20m"

NO WAY

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • The5Wright5Way
Whynot?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Oldfan

I like Choo, but he is an FA after next season. Boras is his agent, so the liklihood of an extension or any type of discount are pretty slim.

Choo will be one of the bigger FAs next year and the Mets would have plenty of competition for him. I wouldn't think the Mets odds of keeping him beyond 2013 would be good.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • murphstates
Since a "team insider" told Rubin $7 million per for two years for Ludwick was more than the team can afford it doesn't look like Choo or Ross would be a viable option unless we moved salary first.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • CHOOin2014

Despite all reports to the contrary, I do strongly believe the Blue Jays are willing to part with D'Arnaud for a reigning Cy Young award winner.

They didn't trade for Reyes, Johnson, Bonifacio and Buck (their FOURTH catcher, mind you) for ish and giggles. They see a severely weakened Red Sox franchise, an aging Yankees team, a Rays team losing multiple pieces (Upton and soon, Shields according to rumors) and a rookie playoff team in Baltimore.

They smell blood in the water and like opportunistic sharks, they're GOING FOR IT. Its not often you have divisional powerhouses floundering all at the same time but its happening now and they're going to try their hardest to make the most of it.

I predict they will eventually trade D'Arnaud if we package a B-prospect along with R.A., like Tapia or Dekker.

BTW, I like your trade proposals but it will take more to pry Choo away from Cleveland - thinking more like Gee Duda.

I'd stay away from the aging Cody, whose warning track power would severely suffer and go after Ludwick (prodigious power) instead.

And rearrange the lineup as such:

1. Tejada SS
2. Choo RF
3. Wright 3B
4. Davis 1B
5. Ludwick LF
6. Murphy 2B
7. D'Arnaud C (until he piles ABs and gets comfortable)
8. Neiwenhuis CF (who I still believe can be a good ML'er)
9. Santana/Harvey/Niese/McHugh/Wheeler

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • murphstates
Ludwick is signing with the Reds.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Oldfan

If Ross is getting close to Ludwick money, I'd be calling Hairston's agent in a couple of minutes.

Ross is a nice complimentary player, but his numbers are usually in the .260, .325 OBP, 12-14 HR range. He hit a few more last year playing in Fenway.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • murphstates

Honestly, I want no part of Ross at this point. For what he's going to get his production isn't worth it.

At the end of the season payroll commitments for 2103 were $74 million. They deferred $15 million from Bay's contract.

What happened to the money?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • Oldfan

No idea.

Maybe waiting for the Dickey situation to be resolved.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • MetObserver
That is foolish to commit to 2103 already that is almost 100 years away and $74 million by that time will only get you 2 bat boys.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • murphstates
I think that was a subconscious typo, but the good news is we should have some "payroll flexibility" by then.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • MetObserver
Hopefully!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • hammr1952
its committed to freddy/jeffy/saul winter hawaii vacations for the next 5 years or so.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/5/12
  • edmet
DICKEY FOR ARENCIBIA,NOAH SYNGARD (SP?), AND ANTHONY GOSE. I LIKE CHOO, BUT HIS AGENT BORAS IS SALIVATING OVER THE JUMP IN SALARIES.

Edited 12/5/12   by  edmet
  • Reply to this Message