• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Zack Wheeler in a Wil Myers deal?
  • To:All
  • 12/4/12
  • Sipo8878

Is this really a possibility? If so, I hope Alderson laughs and walks away. I can't see how this would benefit the Mets. They're depleted in so many areas looking towards the future, the only deals that could be beneficial would be trading ML talent, like Dickey.

Do these Wheeler rumors hold water, or are they just Kansas City's side talking?

• Reply to this Message
Message 545888.2 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • DFAB

If Wheeler is being discussed, the ONLY way where it would make sense is if it is an even swap...Dickey not included. If it is Dickey+Wheeler, the STARTING return package would be Myers, Bubba, and Odorizzi....then add from there

KEEP WHEELER IN OTHER WORDS...

• Reply to this Message
Message 545888.4 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • Sipo8878

According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, multiple sources say the club is still pursuing Kansas City Royals outfield prospect Wil Myers.

The 21-year-old outfielder hit .314/.387/.600 with 37 homers, 109 RBI and 98 runs in 134 minor-league games last season (35 in Double-A, 99 in Triple-A).

The Royals have been very tepid on R.A. Dickey and have been notably rumored in swapping Myers for either Red Sox lefty Jon Lester or Rays right-hander James Shields.

It might take Jon Niese to get into the conversation for Myers or Zack Wheeler.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • Sipo8878

Second article

The Royals are already rich with young hitting talent at the big-league level with Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas manning the corner infield spots for the foreseeable future. Their weakness is pitching staff, and Mets' prospect Zach Wheeler could be an enticing piece for Kansas City going forward. Though nothing has been mentioned, be certain Kansas City is going to put a premium on their young stud.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • 4545_ajd
Wheeler for Myers heads up sure, I hope they are not thinking about including him in a deal with Dickey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • spydermet
With our surplus of pitching and lack of outfielders, a straight up swap of Wheeler for Myers makes sense.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545888.9 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • Moses0507

NO IT DOESN"T!

Keep Wheeler at ALL cost

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • DFAB
If it was a straight swap of the 2, I'd consider that and then target the best pitching prospect I can in a Dickey trade...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • DFAB
like a Trevor Bauer or Gerrit Cole for example
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
That's the way to go id Niese isen't enough. Wheeler is a great pitching prospect, but Myers is an even BETTER prospect. I think one for one this is a deal the Mets still should make.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • Melo15nym
Wheeler is untouchable.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • spydermet
Both are top 10 prospects without ML experience. The next thing to look at is the positions they play and where our needs are. We wouldn't be giving up Wheeler for nothing. This will improve our team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
For Myers? I don't know.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
Agreed 100%. Try to avoid it if you can, try to give Dickey or Niese. But if it's the only way pull the trigger.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • Melo15nym

"For Myers? I don't know."

That deal makes no sense. I don't care if Myers is a better prospect than Wheeler.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
We have starting pitching, we need outfielders and power hitters. One for one, how does that not make sense?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • spydermet

"That deal makes no sense. I don't care if Myers is a better prospect than Wheeler."

Why doesn't it make sense. We have a good rotation and pitching prospects in the minors. We need an outfielder. It makes sense when you look at it objectively.

• Reply to this Message