New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Mark Reynolds
  • To:All
  • 12/4/12
  • gomets66

surprised no one has mentioned this.

The Mets have considered the idea of signing Mark Reynolds to play in the outfield, but his price tag may be too high for their liking

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
Can He even play the OF? If he can play atleast decent I like the idea. We could really use the homerun power.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545884.3 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • thebobymon

Could you inagine the k's from our outfield?

Reynolds, Duda/Hairston, Kirk.

Oh my.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
if he can hit 30 homers the k's don't matter. we need power in the worst way.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545884.6 through 545884.7 were deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • gomets66
reynolds has played 2 games in RF in his career. i would pass as his "defense" might negate his offense.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • Kranesback
Well he's probably better defensively than Duda,but that's about it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nvmets10
Met outfielders had a .705 OPS last season, second worst in the league. Mark Reynolds has an .807 OPS for his career and was never even below .750 in any season. The guy hit .198 one season and still was above .750. You'd have to be out of your mind to attack and roast this guy after the garbage we've dealt with over the last few years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nvmets10
I'm sure he probably would indeed be a butcher in the outfield. Yet, if we were to miss out on Ludwick, he'd still be my next choice. That's how a) desperate we are and b) awful the rest of the market is.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • fargol

"if he can hit 30 homers the k's don't matter. we need power in the worst way. "

Yay, 30 homers will be valuable. Hopefully they offset the .230 average, 200+ K's, and the key clutch stats under .220.

But I doubt it.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/4/12
  • bucknerismyhero
I am not going to lie, I kind of like the way Reynolds plays first base. If by some chance a team blows us away with an Ike Davis offer, we could do much worse in signing a stop gap guy...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
LOL, Its not like this is gonna be THE GUY. This is just ONE GUY that can hit homeruns, which we lack as bad as anyone in baseball. When these Mets go down 5-2 in the 7th it feels like the game is out of reach. A guy that can tie the game with one swing is great to have when you're team can barly hit the long ball.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nvmets10
30 homers AND a good amount of walks. He's basically a poor man's Adam Dunn. And "poor man" is an apt description of this team right now. He'd constitute a significant improvement in either the 5th or 6th slot for us. But I know your feelings on players like this - we've disagreed about Dunn before.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
True that I forgot the guy gets on base.
  • Reply to this Message