• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Reality check on Dickey trade
  • To:All
  • 12/4/12
  • frozensoda
Mets asked for 2 top prospects from Red Sox & were turned down. We are not getting Will Myers from Royals for Dickey or Neise. Stop living in a dream world & acknowledge what I've said all along we would get 1 decent (not great) prospect at most for Dickey and that's it. If you think that's going to lead us to the promised land good luck. I applaud the Mets for asking for the moon if they are going to trade him but they're not going to get it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
Yeah and the Mets will never get Wheeler/Brown/or Belt for half a year of Beltran...oh wait
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • saztastic2012
OK
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • DFAB

"Stop living in a dream world & acknowledge what I've said all along we would get 1 decent (not great) prospect at most for Dickey and that's it."

I would GLADLY bet you $1000 that Dickey will get MORE than just "1 decent prospect." Have you personally talked to all of the GM's to find out what they are willing to offer? I bet you swore that we couldn't get Wheeler for Beltran too...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • metsheart
"the Mets will never get Wheeler/Brown/or Belt for half a year of Beltran"

Wasn't even 1/2 a yr. Two month regular season rental. With NO draft picks coming back.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545875.6 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • thegooch42

Wait so you mean because we couldnt get 2 top prospects from a team in rebuilding mode(redsox) we cant get a stud(myers) from a team that can contend this year if they pick up dickey?

Strong logic

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • DFAB
LOL...you should read the garbage that people post on mlbtraderumors...like Niese is worth only a "decent" prospect and Dickey for Arencibia would be a "steal" for the Mets LOL....and then they call ME an idiot when I call them out...amazing
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • 4545_ajd

Dave Lennon just tweeted

"David Lennon ?@DPLennon

Based on SP market, good chance #Mets eventually are going to get package they want for Dickey. But will they pull trigger on it. "

So I guess he disagrees with your assessment.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
And ON TOP of that, do you know how hard it is to rip off Sebean? I have complete confidence Alderson will do whats best for this team. If the deal is there and it makes us better one of Dickey or Niese will go, if not the'll stay and be part of the long term soloution.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • frozensoda
My point is many who advocated a Dickey trade claimed we'd get multiple terrific prospects in return setting us up for untold success in the future. We're seeing already that at most it will be 1 true prospect. No I haven't talked to every GM but unlike many fellow Met fans I have a shred of common sense. To get a team to give up multiple top prospects in any trade is next to impossible. I didn't have an opinion at the time about what we'd get for Beltran...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • dbmets9
How do you go from the Mets not being able to get 2 top prospects or 1 elite prospect to getting only 1 "decent" prospect? If the Mets just got 1 of those top prospects from Boston it'd show your theory to be dumb. If the Mets just got Bubba Starling from the Royals it'd show your theory to be dumb. There's a big, big difference between not getting a top 5 prospect or 2 top 50 prospects to getting 1 "decent" prospect. The Mets may not get a top 20 prospect for Dickey but I guarantee you they can get a top 40 guy for him. Whether or not they'll trade him for a top 40 prospect remains to be seen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • DFAB

"I didn't have an opinion at the time about what we'd get for Beltran..."

Right...because that trade completely destroys the point you are trying to make in this thread...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • frozensoda
Royals had a worse record than us last year but Dickey will turn them into a contender? Red Sox will be in the playoffs again before the Royals.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • kinerskrnr
Do you know how many dolts like you there were who were telling us we wouldn't get anything for Beltran? Seriously, <fuck you, and fuck everything about posts like this. You don't know shit.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
Hears the Reality check on Dickey. He won the Cy young and has a 2.95 Era over the past 3 seasons. The teams that miss out on Grinke, Haren, Shields, Ect. Will get much more serious about our guy and I guerentee one team will bite and give us what we're looking for.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • johnyringo
you just made me sleepy
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • metsheart
Thinking Alderson understands what's in Mets best interests for now & the future. Hopefully.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • frozensoda
Again my point is the "trade Dickey" crowd thought we could get MULTIPLE good prospects for him. I'm saying we will get 1 decent prospect at most. Not a great one like Myers. We might get multiple bodies back but that's different. The Beltran trade actually more or less proves my point as we got back only 1 prospect. As good as Wheeler seems is he as highly rated as Myers?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545875.20 was deleted