• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• METS INTERESTED IN LANNAN, NEISE GOING?
  • To:All
  • 12/4/12
  • saztastic2012

With the mets interest in LHP Lannan could be to replace Dickey but could also be to replace LHP Neise,

Just a thought.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545873.2 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • saztastic2012
Neise could be delt but it would have to be for a good major league ready C and OF.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • metsheart
Yeah. If Lannan (28 yrs old) gets signed Niese (26 yrs old) is going in trade. Only question is -- for who??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • elsid1986
Its hard to trade a young cheap lefty like Niese, but if they can get Myers they have to make that trade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • saztastic2012
Neise has a high trade value, Young lefty, Under team control I would think we could get two majoe legaue ready players in return.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • DFAB
I do NOT want Niese traded...and if he is he BETTER get something more than just ONE top prospect...I don't care how good Myers' "potential" is. For me even to LISTEN, the Royals better open the talks with Myers AND Odorizzi.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • saztastic2012
Agreed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • saztastic2012
I expect he would bring back two players.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • metsheart
Not sure about TWO MLB players. Certainly 1 VERY good everyday player. Plus MAYBE decent low minors prospect.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • AdrianMonk

I would just give it to Jeremy Hefner. He seems like a nice kid.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • metsheart
You're joking I hope.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • cjct

"the only way niese is going is for myers which i agree with"

i concur, I will drive Niese to the airport myself if it nets us Myers.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nvmets10
LOL, I really do love your posts.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • 4545_ajd
Alderson just said there has been no Niese trade talks. Mets should try to get as much as they can for RA, if they can't get what they want sign him. Once they sign him start process over with Niese maybe later on in the off season once the guys like Greinke have signed and teams start getting desperate.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • saztastic2012
For Neise?A Young very good lefty under team control at a very team friendly contract?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • metsheart
Niese is good. Not lights out. But good. Only 26 yrs old. And a lefty. Under team control w/ a "cheap" contract.

But worth more than 1 MLB player? No. Worth more than 1 top prospect? Not IMO.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/4/12
  • nextyearm
NO, if anything it means Dickey's going. Reports are that the Mets still are seriously shopping him and virtually no talks involving Niese .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • metsheart
No talks involving Niese TODAY. If Mets sign Lannan that could change TOMORROW. Niese can then be dealt & Mets still have young LH SP.

Dickey MIGHT be dealt. But only for blockbuster deal that sets Mets up for many yrs to come at a couple different positions. Otherwise Dickey signs 2 yr extension w/ Mets in all likelihood. Won't risk having bad yr or injury in 2013 before he can negotiate w/ other teams. At Dickey's age GAURANTEED $$$ is the name of the game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • Remember86
I have no interest in Jeremy Bonderman. He hasn't had a good year since 2007. John Lannan is another story. However, even if the Mets sign Lannan, I would not trade Niese barring some incredible incredible deal. I don't think Niese has reached his ceiling yet. I still say he's a number three starter when he gets to that point. Good young lefty pitchers are a commodity you really don't want to trade.
  • Reply to this Message