New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• WTFFFF???
  • To:All
  • 12/4/12
  • cjct

Can anyone write articles now a days...I'm sorry but this title had me rollin'

"Mets want Dickey done ASAP, but listening & likely to wait" - courtesy of our one and only Matt Cerrone.

What does that even mean. The Mets want to get this done fast but want to listen to offers and wait? This is a mind fukkin if you ask me. How could a team want to get something done fast and want to wait and be patient at the same time?

This is just plan stupid and makes absolutely zero sense if you ask me. Either the mets want to sign dickey and get it over with or they want to wait for the best offer and trade him...

This is just poor if you ask me. No reporting at all that is just spewing garbage!

Edited 12/4/12   by  cjct
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • 4545_ajd
They want to get it done and over with instead of drawing it out, but realize the smart thing to do is to listen to offers. I don't see what is so confusing about that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • 4545_ajd
I want to stay out until 3:00 in the morning tonight, but I won't because I have work tomorrow. It is the same concept.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • cjct

but what does getting Dickey done ASAP have any benefit to the Mets?

He is on the team so there is no rush, and if we sign him tomorrow how do we know the best avaliable offers for him.

There is no positive to getting Dickey done ASAP because you need to wait till Grienke signs and teams get desperate for a starting pitcher...so I fail to see the wanting to get him done ASAP when everyone knows they should be patient and see how the market plays out.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • 4545_ajd

"There is no positive to getting Dickey done ASAP "

Signing him or trading him lets them focus on other needs, If they string out trying to trade Dickey for outfield and catcher help but never get a trade done then there will be less options available as free agents outfielders catchers relievers etc sign with other teams.

Edited 12/4/12   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • cjct

there are no FA OF worth anything right now.

are you saying we might miss out of Ryan Ludwick or possibly Rod Barajas....oh noes.

you wait just like they waited for Beltran for Wheeler. Signing any retred old crappy OF better not be the reason we possibly lose out on a good deal.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • nvmets10
Missing out on Ryan Ludwick WOULD be worth an "oh no". What are the alternatives? If we can't even manage to bring him in, you might as well literally have a garbage can in right field. That's how hopeless the rest of the free agents are.

Edited 12/4/2012 11:18 am ET by nvmets10
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • 4545_ajd

"are you saying we might miss out of Ryan Ludwick or possibly Rod Barajas....oh noes"

Barajas, no. But a right hand hitting outfielder who hit 26 HRs in just 422 ABs last year, actually I would be upset if we had an opportunity to sign Ludwick and missed out on him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • cjct

really?

So GABP had nothing to do with his great season...please. It had everything to do with it.

He is more of a 13-17 HR guy with 70 RBI's with a 250 BA.

THat is his normal season and those would be the #'s he would put up here. He is 34 going on to 35

He cashed in on a joke ballpark is what he did.

He is just a Right hand version of Lucas Duda, but Duda is younger and has more upside. Pass...oh also he has no range in the OF and will cost us dearly on defense....so again pass

• Reply to this Message