• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• For all the ESPN org*sms over RG3 yesterday
Message 545858.1 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • joemets22
RG3's a rookie dude. The guy has had a fantastic year when you consider that. The props are deserved.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • cjct

yeah but what did he really do yesterday, hand off to Morris a bunch of times?

The Giants really didn't have a good plan for either game vs him. You take away the middle of the field passing game. Then the run game is assignment football. The league will eventually catch on to there "gimmick" offense.

Also all the shots he takes wont last either. He is young so his body can take those hits but he will start to miss some games. He is a small QB with not much wait to him and gets thrown around pretty often.

I do think Eil outplayed him...Gilbride for some unknown reason stepped off the gas and stopped airing it out. The redskins could not stop the Giants passing attack if they tried...I think the Giants were so concerned about not wanting RG3 to get the football for a lot of time they got away from there passing game/.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545858.4 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • JackNicholson
RG3 is their new Tebow
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • ILikeToSneeze

RG3 is way better than Tebow.

He's easily the best rookie QB this year - I don't care what you say about Luck - and deserves RoY. He will be a force in that division for a long time.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • JackNicholson

Oh, I mean no offense to RG3. He is awesome.

My point is that ESPN has to fill that void they have for Tebowmania some how, and RG3 fits the bill as, 'sensation'.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • 4545_ajd
Lets see how he does once teams see him a couple of times and have some tape on him. Cam Newton was supposed to be the next great quarterback too.

Edited 12/4/12   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 545858.9 through 545858.10 were deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • ILikeToSneeze
I think he's been overrated so far this year - makes too many poor decisions. Sure he has won lots of games, but he's been pretty crappy on the road and thrown a lot of picks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • ILikeToSneeze
RG3 is in a different league than Cam. Cam never made very good decisions with the ball and has always had a me-first attitude. RG3 gets what it takes to be a pro QB and I don't think that more tape on him will find many flaws.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • ohhthepain
The entire monday night countdown was one giant RG3 lovefest..Thank god for Papa and Banks..My brother texted me after the RG3 fumble/TD that gruden said "that is the magic of RG3" Thats why I don't listen to the announcers on TV, and espn is the worst of them all. as of right now that play was just a bounce that went the redskins way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • ohhthepain

RG3 certainly looks like a better QB than cam..But I understand what 4545 is saying..RG3 has a great arm, makes pretty good decisions passing the ball but his decisions running the ball I don't view the same..Last night if that fumble goes the Giants way you would have seen an example of why..That type of hit Boley put on him you cannot continue to endure in the NFL. Guys out weighing you by 50lbs launching themselves into is why there are so many rules to not only protect the QB but all the ball carriers these days..And no matter how hard the league tries you see guys getting knocked out cold week after week in game after game. RG3 legs help him be successful and in todays NFL they are going to shorten his career significantly if he keeps it up.

The redskins as of right now are riding a high..They have a QB who came into the league with incredible tools..The great QB's continue to get better and better long after the "shine" has worn off..That is the true test.

Edited 12/4/12   by  ohhthepain
  • Reply to this Message