• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Dickey 2.95 ERA last 3 seasons & 200+ Inn. No fluke!!
  • To:All
  • 12/3/12
  • mets06ny
Tired of hearing people say that last year was a fluke. 3 seasons in a row is no "fluke". Add Cy Young to those seasons and unless we're getting a major return we need to keep him. If someone is willing to ante up the right prospect(s) then let's get this ishh done!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545843.2 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • ILikeToSneeze
I agree that he's proven to be a fantastic pitcher over the last three years. I just think he doesn't score the Mets multiple top prospects IMO. I think that a very comparable trade is the Halladay deal, where I expect Dickey will net slightly less than the Jays got (Doc was younger, proven for a longer period, etc...)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • mets06ny
I think he could net one top prospect....and he should. Anymore than one isn't going to happen unless its 2nd tier guys...in which case I'd rather see us keep him. IMO
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545843.5 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • 86kid
Very true, it's no like Dickey is a one-hit wonder. He's been a front end pitcher for us since he got here. He might never have another 20 win season, but there is no reason for anyone to feel he's going to drop off the table suddenly. Could happen, but I doubt it. I
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/4/12
  • ILikeToSneeze
The fact that there's some doubt around whether or not he will fall off a cliff makes teams reluctant to mortgage their future and trade top prospects for him. Teams aren't willing to give up home grown potential superstars for somebody that they aren't 100% confident in.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
What does 14 mil+11mil +7 1/2mil =?
Latest by gatorupset - 11:44 PM
Good road trip
Latest by nym3120 - 11:44 PM
satisfied Mets fan
Latest by nym3120 - 11:33 PM
We have a big-time Closer problem going forward (IMO)...
Latest by almandareo357 - 11:31 PM
Mets 10 Game Home Stand Predictions
Latest by nym3120 - 11:29 PM
Beer
Latest by thatsrightthemets - 11:27 PM
FRENCHY PUNKED BAD!
Latest by marvelousmarvin - 11:16 PM
Cubs
Latest by gatorupset - 11:13 PM
Valverde
Latest by gatorupset - 11:11 PM
Best Starting Lineup with Everyone Healthy