• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Sounds like RA is gonna go
  • To:All
  • 12/3/12
  • KB24NYM
Kind of sad but exciting at the same time, nahmean?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • nextyearm
im not sold that is going to be the case, tho I think it NEEDS to be explored. I'm just not sure how much teams will be willing to give us. if its gonna make us better and fill holes,you make the move. Hopefully teams lay out good enough talent in return.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545840.3 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • metsfansince89
i love RA but am glad they are doing this. we have no reason to keep him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • eastvisitr
Dickey has given us plenty to be happy about on an otherwise fairly bad team and if trading him helps the future I'll be grateful for that too. He's still going to be a player I follow regardless of where he ends up. He's a lot of fun to watch.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545840.6 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • alex6633
I doubt he gets traded. Because nobody is going to give up two top prospects for a 38 year old knuckleballer.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545840.8 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • alex6633
Yeah but he's 38 and his control is always somewhat suspect.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB

"Yeah but he's 38 and his control is always somewhat suspect."

Lol...Dickey's control is "suspect?" That's a joke right?

• Reply to this Message
Message 545840.11 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • KYLESMETS315
If RA does get traded I will be PISSED BUT WE MUST GET TOP PROSPECTS.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545840.13 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • alex6633
Nope. If he doesn't have pinpoint control it's a lot more problematic for him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • alex6633
Control doesn't mean "no walks" control means hitting locations. A soft tosser like RA is more likely to struggle without perfect control because hitters will capitalize more on mistakes.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545840.16 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • alex6633
You're not understanding. It took perfect, pinpoint control consistently for him to win the Cy Young Award throwing the knuckleball. It's hard to duplicate that type of control again over a full season. If he's not able to hit locations consistently he is more apt to get hit hard than a normal power pitcher.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • alex6633
That's why teams are hesitant to trade top prospects. Because if his control wavers even a little, which it's more likely to do with a 38 year old, you're not getting a CY Young level pitcher.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545840.19 was deleted
  • 12/4/12
  • JackNicholson

Umm, what? Who are you and where did you come from? You're not a Mets fan, are you? Boston fan?

Mets fans can tell you Dickey is incredible. He is an ace that MLB just doesn't understand because he doesn't fit the flamethrowing mold. If he were to regress, he'd be at worst a #3 pitcher. And that would be a big regression.

Also, pinpoint control? Who has that? Not a knuckleballer. Dickey aims two baseballs above the catcher's mask. He has an idea of where it may end up, but barely. Batters have no clue. Rewatch the O's and Rays' game when he threw 1hitters. He was topping 83 on the stadium gun, i was there.

"It's hard to duplicate that type of control again over a full season"

I just really don't understand what you even mean. He has pitched 2 full seasons, and just won a Cy Young while pitching since April with a torn ab muscle. Did you even look at the stats before coming here to spout your opinion? I just don't understand.

• Reply to this Message