• Reply to this Message
Message 545830.2 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • saztastic2012
Agreed, Maybe worth 10 MIllo MAYBE but not for four years
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • Melo15nym
I never would have thought he'd get that in a million years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • saztastic2012

Agreed, Crazy, I can maybe understand 10 MIll but not 4 years,

I just checked and he will be 32 in July so ten Mill for a 32, 33, 34 and 35 year old OF? WOW

Edited 12/3/12   by  saztastic2012
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/3/12
  • anthony888

If other teams value THEIR players as they do, there's no reason why we can't put a big price tag on RA.
You want him?
Gotta pay for him.

Except, of course.... when it comes to re-signing him to the Mets. Then he isn't worth much at all.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • fargol

"Gotta pay for him."

Actually, no, you don't HAVE to. SF grossly overpaid for Pagan. Was anyone else bidding on him?

If this FO decided not to pay someone what they were asking, I'll bash them ONLY if their offer was awful and not what I view the player's value is.

Highly subjective.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • PrayedforBay
Thats... risky.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • Oldfan

<<"Actually, no, you don't HAVE to. SF grossly overpaid for Pagan. Was anyone else bidding on him?"

Rosenthal had written a day or 2 ago that both Philly had SF had offered 4 yrs. Don't know if anyone else was interested.

Edited 12/3/12   by  Oldfan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 86kid
This might be the second coming of the Gary Matthews Jr contract the Angels dished out years ago, when they gave GMJ a five year deal based on one good season in his long career. I said the time they'd live to regret it, and they did. No way I'd have given Pagan a contract like this.

Edited 12/3/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • metsheart
Too much for too long IMO.

Think SF will not be happy in yrs 3 & 4. If not sooner.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • JoseJose
Seems like a lot I agree, but that is the market if you want to keep guys.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • CPCP
Also, I'd like us to tell whoever wants Dickey that they have to take Frank Francisco, similar to the way we had to take Derek Bell in order to get mike Hampton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • metsheart
$10M/ yr for 4 yrs for .281 career hitter?? For CF averaging 10 HRs/ yr?? 62 RBIs/ yr?? .757 OPS/ yr?? For guy turning 32 in July??

Maybe it'll work out for SF. Not right fit for Mets now. Too much for too long. IMO Pagan's MAYBE a little better than avg now. By end of contract when he's 34 he sooooo won't be worth $10M!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • alex6633
I'm happy for him but that's way too much money for him. It constantly amazes me how much money borderline bench players are getting these days.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • metsheart
Aint THAT the truth??!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • govmule72
Good move.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • bbyjean616
Didnt you hear Jose? We're smarter than every other team. When they sign players to big contracts, it wasnt worth it. It seems that NO ONE is worth it and EVERY signing is a waste....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • metsheart
Good move for World Series Champion Giants. Keeping 31 yr old switch hitting CF who can steal bases. Have enough other good players to help them win in near future.

Wouldn't have been good move for 4th place below .500 Mets (4 yrs straight). Mets need to get YOUNGER and better. To win in 2-3 yrs. Maybe sign veteran for 1 or 2 yrs. NOT 4. And not for $10M/ yr.

Edited 12/3/12   by  metsheart
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • saztastic2012
Agreed.
  • Reply to this Message