• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Soto Back w/Rangers, Napoli To Red Sox
  • To:All
  • 12/3/12
  • nvmets10

-Heyman is reporting Soto signed for 1 year and $3 million. Really thought he was our best option at this point so that's unfortunate.

-And the Red Sox are closing in on a three year deal with Napoli. A shame we didn't have the money this offseason to pursue him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • thebobymon
Don't all the other teams know not to sign anyone until the Mets are done considering players?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • TheChosen1
Happy about Napoli. Now the Sox will likely move Lavarnway.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • melloca
Too expensive SA is looking for bargain basement players
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • nvmets10
What worries me is I'm not sure we've been linked to any free agent directly yet. Am I right on that? I've seen reports about potentially considering certain players but none about actually engaging in conversation with them. I suppose that probably has something to do with the Wright and Dickey negotiations.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • murphstates
I would think they'd try to move Salty. Napoli doesn't catch that many games and he replaces the loss of power.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • nvmets10
I'm not so sure about that. Looks like he's expected to start at 1st.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • nvmets10
I do wonder - was $3 million more than they wanted to spend on a catcher or were they just not interested? In any case, the remaining available free agents at the position are pretty depressing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • 4545_ajd
That might just mean Saltalamachia just became available.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • Kranesback
Don't worry...Thole will bounce back to a .240 BA.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • thebobymon

I think the big signing is going to be Wright.

I do expect a surprise however. We really need a catcher and an outfielder, and I think this is where the surprise lies.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • stearnsy12
sadly MLBTR reports that the Mets and Miguel Olivo may be a good fit....woo-hooooo
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • ExileMetsFan
3 mil shouldn't be in the category of "big signing"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • nvmets10
Yea, that very well could be. You'd think if we end up trading Dickey to the Red Sox or Blue Jays, Saltalamacchia or Arencibia would be one of the pieces coming back.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • nvmets10
God, I really really hope not. He's going on 35, doesn't walk at all, and has been pretty terrible for two straight years now.
  • Reply to this Message