• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• We match up with Texas
Message 545814.1 was deleted
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB
well, as soon as we started talking about the Jays as being trade partners, all the jays trolls showed up swearing it would take Dickey + Flores+++ just to get D'Arnaud LOL....hopefully we don't get the same from Texas now....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • murphstates

I think it's probable he will be traded. Ken Davidoff's column this morning takes a couple back-handed shots at Dickey, to wit.

"But Dickey, like his old Rangers teammate Alex Rodriguez, is drawn to the spotlight like a moth to a flame, and he came to the right place."

"Only with a resolution will we stop discussing Dickey. He might not necessarily like that. But he and the Mets would get peace of mind in return."

A few whispers about R.A. being an attention seeker to get the ball rolling.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • beltrain15
I wonder if we could get Elvis Andrus for Dickey....the Rangers have a stud SS prospect and might be willing to move Andrus for an ace. We'd be set for a few years with Davis, Tejada, Andrus and Wright on the infield, which would probably be the best defensive infield in the majors. I'd hesitate to move Dickey for unproven talent now that we've committed to Wright. I'd also support a power move to try to get Upton, as long as it doesn't cost us Wheeler or Harvey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • murphstates
If we could get Andrus or Profar we could flip either one to Arizona for Upton. The D-Backs asked the Rangers for one of them, but the Rangers turned them down,
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB

"If we could get Andrus or Profar we could flip either one to Arizona for Upton. The D-Backs asked the Rangers for one of them, but the Rangers turned them down,"

If we get a Profar or Myers for example, the first "flip" I would try to make is for Stanton. Profar/Myers +Familia+Flores+lower level prospect would get the Marlins thinking IMO. If we flipped Profar in a package for Upton, I'd add Familia and a small piece or 2.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • beltrain15
I'm not sure the Marlins want to trade Stanton just yet. If he stays healthy for a full season he could hit 45-50 homers, and his trade value would go through the roof. He's still under team control for a few years, so unless he's asking for a trade I don't think we'd have much hope.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • Matt H
That would be sick if we got one them and flipped them for Mike Stanton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • dbackfanron

"If we flipped Profar in a package for Upton, I'd add Familia and a small piece or 2."

Now you're making some sense.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • kinerskrnr
Familia isn't that good though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB
small piece pretty much means a nobody to us....C prospect type, just in case you were thinking of Tapia or Nimmo or something
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/3/12
  • DFAB
Familia is still a top prospect. If he is packaged with Profar, who is the BEST prospect in baseball, the Diamondbacks would take it before the Mets had a chance to change their minds.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545814.13 was deleted
Recent Discussions
JSAngel: Trout a Fraud
Latest by comeagain - 5:15 PM
Secret Service Threatened Mr. Met's Life
Latest by MetObserver - 5:14 PM
Factoids Redux
Latest by thagreat1 - 5:12 PM
Secret Service threatened to shoot Mr. Met
Latest by dumpsandy - 5:07 PM
Dickey went limp
Latest by govmule72 - 5:03 PM
Cubs
Latest by metsheart - 5:02 PM
Home Field Disadvantage
Latest by elguapo111 - 4:47 PM
Favorite Easter Basket Candy
Latest by jereviens - 4:34 PM
Remember when we were 0-3 and everybody overreacted?
Latest by roywriter - 4:24 PM
It's still early
Latest by sheadro - 3:59 PM