Jeff Wilpon college

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 4545_ajd
What am I missing?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • archgraham
I didn't know that Roslyn High School was a college.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • metsicle
He isn't the only owner in MLB who didn't graduate college.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • archgraham
There is nothing special about a college degree. But Fred entrusted a billion dollar investment to a kid whom he wouldn't even send to college?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • metsicle

There is nothing special about a college degree. But Fred entrusted a billion dollar investment to a kid whom he wouldn't even send to college?
----------------------

It doesn't matter.

Jeff Wilpon would be a lousy owner whether he graduated college or not. Peter Angelos graduated college, he's one of the worst owners in pro sports.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • alfolerud
Your love of the Wilpons is repulsive.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • fargol
Are you high? What did he say to defend them?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • alfolerud

If someone lacks the credentials to perform their responsibilities AND they perform those responsibilities poorly, shouldn’t there be some level of condemnation and accountability.

I couldn’t care less if Jeff Wilpon never works a day in his life while living lavishly off of his father. I hope to provide that for my kids (if I have any) in the future. But why does this guy get to run the Mets into the ground. That's what I don't get.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • fargol
I don't think that answered my question, but ... okay.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • alfolerud
Doesn't it bother you that someone unqualified is running the Mets, and running the organization into the ground.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • fargol

"Doesn't it bother you that someone unqualified is running the Mets, and running the organization into the ground. "

Nothing I can do about it.

But it does bother me if someone is a mayor, or governor, or even President, whom I do not feel is qualified. Now THOSE people can really affect my life!

And the organization isn't close to the ground yet. I hope for better things in the next couple years.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • metsicle

He was just an unqualified in 2006 when the Mets had arguably the best team in baseball.

Besides, I somehow doubt it was Jeff Wilpon who got the franchise into this mess with Madoff. That's on Fred.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • alfolerud
Unqualified politicians bother me as well.
  • Reply to this Message