• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Gee for Willingham?
  • To:All
  • 12/2/12
  • DFAB

"The Twins don't want to trade Josh Willingham but there are multiple teams interested in the leftfielder, according to Phil Mackey of 1500 ESPN (via Twitter). An AL executive recently told Mackey that the club might not get much more than a No. 4 starter for Willingham, despite his team-friendly contract. Willingham is owed $14MM through 2014."

mlbtraderumors.com

If this is accurate, then Gee + a minor piece should apparently bring in Willingham? That would be a great deal for us...unfortunately Willingham makes $$$ though. Gee + Duda for Willingham would be fair.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 4545_ajd
In a heartbeat.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • DFAB
I'm sure the Twins would want more but according to this speculation, that should be a good enough package to get him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • hammr1952
i second that move.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 4545_ajd
7M a year for the next two years is a bargain compared to what other OFers are making. I would give up Gee, Mejia or Familia and any other prospect not named Flores, Harvey or Wheeler.

Edited 12/2/12   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • DFAB
well if we are taking the whole contract then a Duda/Gee package would be about right. Substitute Mejia in for either one.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • AdrianMonk

Could be another Jason Bay.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • DFAB
I doubt it. But even if he was, the money he is paid isn't crazy. I'd say he would be good for .270 and 20+ hrs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 4545_ajd
I don't know why they would pay any of his contract, He is not making that much at all.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • jsmet
Do it
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • DFAB
if a package like that really is realistic to obtaining him, we HAVE to get him...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • metthunder
I know Twins need and want MLB ready starters but I wouldn't be doing any pitcher trades until the Mets decide what to do with Dickey as much as Mets need OFer. Rangers may offer Cruz and KC may offer Myers if they get desperate enuf... this is Santana's last year and I'm thinking Mets may have to rely heavily on Young again this year if none of the young guys can make the jump to majors.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • scoocho
Another Twins fleecing of the Mets, Santana remember?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • DFAB
Trading Gee shouldn't really make a huge impact. He can be replaced by Pelf/Young.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 4545_ajd
Lannan, Heffner, Mejia, and Mchugh would also be candidates to replace him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • DFAB
Lannan sure...Heffner...maybe...Mejia would be better in the bp and didn't Mchugh get knocked around pretty bad last year?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • AdrianMonk

Don't forget Christopher Schwinden.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545802.18 was deleted
  • 12/2/12
  • Kranesback
I would do Gee/Duda for Willinghman in a second, but is Duda able to be traded realistically after the funrniture incident or will we have to wait til he show he's recovered? Wouldn't he have to pass a physical?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 4545_ajd
I would prefer to keep Duda if we are going to be getting Willingham, I kind of like the RLRL 3-6 of Wright, Ike, Willingham, Duda.
  • Reply to this Message