• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• We've been doing the same thing for almost 4 years..
  • To:All
  • 12/2/12
  • nohan601

The mets front office is "insane" (insanity)- doing the same thing over again and expecting different things to happen.

Sometimes in baseball you have to gamble.
-Trade dickey? a cy young winner that can help you get a catcher and/or outfielder in 1 trade or keep him and have him give you wins only on days he pitches.
- Trade john neise? after giving him an extention? He's still young and getting better but he can also be trade bait.
- Prospects? No one likes to touch the value of our prospects. Now that Dwright is locked up where would flores be in the future? First base? uhh ike davis is there.

Come on mets have some guts. or ya know... we can always say "Next year"

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • Moses0507

"can help you get a catcher and/or outfielder in 1 trade "

How do you know that?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • RomneyandRyan

I've been saying it for months, trade Dickey, get a young 1B prospect and a good catcher who can contribute in a year or two. But it is too late, the time to trade was last season because so many teams were contending for playoffs and how often can you add a #1 starter to your team. Any team that would have added Dickey would have substantially improved their chances of winning.

Sandy chose not to deal, here we are with the same empty farm system and with 1B who is hitting .227

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • metsicle

Sandy chose not to deal, here we are with the same empty farm system and with 1B who is hitting .227

--------------

Ike Davis is the least of this teams troubles. you can't look at his BA last year & not take other factors into play. He missed virtually all of 2011. 2012 was for all intents & purposes his 2nd full season in the majors.

Ike Davis is a .270 hitter in the major leagues.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • metsicle
BTW, Alderson hasn't been the GM for 4 years. he was hired late October 2010. He's had 2 drafts & 2 offseasons.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • RomneyandRyan
I know that Ike is not THE problem, but he is an issue.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • nohan601
and I never said that he was the gm for 4 years...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/2/12
  • 86kid

>>>"I've been saying it for months, trade Dickey, get a young 1B prospect and a good catcher who can contribute in a year or two. But it is too late, the time to trade was last season because so many teams were contending for playoffs and how often can you add a #1 starter to your team. Any team that would have added Dickey would have substantially improved their chances of winning."<<<

I agree on trading Dickey, but how is it "too late". Dickey's value right now is higher than it was even in July. It is no where near too late to move him.

>>>"Sandy chose not to deal, here we are with the same empty farm system and with 1B who is hitting .227"<<<

Ike was out almost a full season and then had to deal with Valley Fever. It should have been no shock to anyone that he got off to a poor first half last year.

He hit .200 before the All-Star break, and .250 after the break.

In his rookie year he hit .265, and in 2011 he was hitting .300 and looking like he was going to have a breakout sophomore season before he got that freak injury.

You have too look at the whole picture - including the fact that he has the best power bat, on a team lacking he power right now.

I think this year you'll see Ike getting off to a better start and having a good season overall.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Joey Gallo
Latest by thebobymon - 6:52 AM
All Kirk does is swing and miss
Latest by sb51 - 6:51 AM
Duda on pace for 31hr
Latest by joebatboy03 - 6:47 AM
Random Letters Game
Latest by henry715 - 6:46 AM
Musician Name Game
Latest by henry715 - 6:44 AM